This Inn is in the good beer guide which is why my son and my granddaughter and myself visited today. There is a very good play area for children, which my 2 year old granddaughter loved. The Hawkshead Ale that my son ordered was very good and my lime and soda water was also very nice. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for the food. I ordered a mushroom soup which arrived in a shallow bowl with 2 slices of dry bread and some butter. The soup itself was delicious, but there wasn't enough and obviously the bread was disappointing.
My son ordered a pork ciabatta sandwich, the pork was extremely dry and tough, which ruined the whole sandwich, the chips were very nice, chunky and hot. The service was quick. Prices a little expensive and considering there is such a large play area for children, not much on the menu for them. A mixed review im afraid. It's a shame, as I think it could be a great pub, it's a a lovely location and handy from the train at Oxenholme. We did not complain about our food, and if we had more time we would have done, but we wanted to eat and go. Most likely will not revisit due to the disappointing lunch. We are the sort of people who think if you can't get it right the 1st time then no thanks to a 2nd.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Station Inn was oncean old farmhouse, whichat a later date became aCoaching Inn. It is dated aroundthe turn of the century and issituated on the old Tebay toLancaster coaching road.Situated just outside the village of Oxenholme,near Kendal, the Inn is just five minutes from therailway station and is on the W2W Walney to Wear &Whitby cycle route.The Inn is set in a beautiful rural setting withattractive views over the local countryside.We haveample car parking, full disabled facilities, a large beergarden and outdoor adventure playground.free WiFiSituated just outside the village of Oxenholme,near Kendal, the Inn is just five minutes from therailway station and is on the W2W Walney to Wear &Whitby cycle route.The Inn is set in a beautiful rural setting withattractive views over the local countryside.We haveample car parking, full disabled facilities, a large beergarden and outdoor adventure playground. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your Station Inn Oxenholme reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Station Inn Oxenholme Hotel Kendal
- Station Inn Oxenholme Kendal, Lake District