Bridge House B&B
US$199
US$189
Elvoline
TripAdvisor
All reviewshomemade breadkendal mint cakechocolate coveredlittle extrasexcellent facilitieson arrivalperfect hostscomfortable roomtea and coffee making facilitieshome from homeexcellent breakfastalanaccommodationensuite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2012

For starters a lovely neck of the woods made all the more nice by this picturesque House/B&B and the Hosts within, although regrettably I was only able to stay for one night I can honestly say Shelia and Allen are lovely genuine people and go the extra mile to make sure your perfectly happy, and the pleasantries don't stop there, the room I stayed in was spot on and I honestly don't have a bad word to say about this delightful place or these delightful people! Thanks a lot, Ross Preston

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ross P
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Warmly welcomed, and though I hadn't stayed in a B&B that was merged with the family home (usually its kept fairly separate) I didn't find myself feeling like an interloper at all. Room and en suite were comfortable and clean and although my room window faced on to the train tracks I didn't really find myself disturbed at all during the night. When I first arrived I had the chance to look round the town before dark and I was given a map with some good tips of where to go, how to get there and what might be nice to see.
Breakfast was lovely, great choice and met some really nice other guests.
Sheila was really nice about showing me how to drive through Kendal and I found my way with no problems.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We stayed for 1 night on our way back from Edinburgh to Oxford as it was our Wedding Anniversary. We received a warm welcome from Sheila & Alan. We stayed in a comfortable clean room and in the morning received a lovely home cooked breakfast including freshly baked bread. Overall an excellent place to stay and would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I was made very welcome on my arrival by Sheila and after a good nights sleep - trains were not a problem as they didn't run all night, I was treated to a fine breakfast selection including homemade bread. The room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. If I needed any help or instructions, all I had to do was ask Sheila. Thankyou very much for a lovely stay!
David Taylor

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank David T
Reviewed 28 October 2011

We had 3 nights staying at the Bridge House with wonderful hosts Sheila &Alan. We had their daughters bedroom which was very tidy and comfortable,the water and Kendal mint Cake was a pleasent surprise.The trains were no trouble as they did not run through the night. Sheila greeted us each morning with a delightful breakfast and homemade bread.Our visit to the UK was for 38 days mostly staying in B&Bs and would highly recomend staying here. Thank you Sheila & Alan -Robert & Sheryl (New Zealand)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple