“Janet & Bob M Drenched Pair”
Review of Bridge House B&B

Bridge House B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kendal
Bridge House B&B
Ranked #10 of 42 Kendal B&B and Inns
Kings Lynn
“Janet & Bob M Drenched Pair”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We have just completed The Dales Way(June 2012) and stayed on a wet Saturday. Sheila collected us from a 5 hour wet walk at a nearby point. Sheila and Alan made us extremelly welcome and immediately started arranging for our wet gear to be dried. Excellent facilities and attention to detail. Good location for the town. The homemade bread/jams were delicious and the cooked breakfast was hearty ready for the final stage.Superb hosts and accommodation.
Our only disappointment was we were enable to stay longer!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I have walked the Dales Way and Cumbria Way back to back and stayed at Bridge House on the penultimate day of the Dales Way. Sheila came to pick me up from a very wet walk from Burneside and would drop me back there the following morning...a fantastic help for a serious hiker wanting to do every inch of the Way! Sheila also washed and dried my clothes and very wet boots. Both Sheila and her husband Alan made me feel thoroughly welcomed in their lovely home. I would recommend a stay here to anyone. The breakfast was superb and the company of the hosts just wonderful. Nothing is too much trouble. I felt so comfortable and found it hard to leave and continue walking the following day......

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Gloucestershire
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Super warm welcome from Sheila who showed me to my lovely room. Extremely comfortable, with everything I needed. Delicious breakfast. Nothing too much trouble for Sheila and Alan. Superb attention to detail. I look forward to staying at Bridge House again. Great location.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Jyväskylä
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Fetched from the Dales Way at Burneside by Sheila and returned there the following morning by Alan. Service indeed, especially in the rain. A friendly family welcome, excellent facilities and food, handily located near restaurants, etc. So, despite the rain, a memorable visit to Kendal.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2012

For starters a lovely neck of the woods made all the more nice by this picturesque House/B&B and the Hosts within, although regrettably I was only able to stay for one night I can honestly say Shelia and Allen are lovely genuine people and go the extra mile to make sure your perfectly happy, and the pleasantries don't stop there, the room I stayed in was spot on and I honestly don't have a bad word to say about this delightful place or these delightful people! Thanks a lot, Ross Preston

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Ross P
Cupar, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Warmly welcomed, and though I hadn't stayed in a B&B that was merged with the family home (usually its kept fairly separate) I didn't find myself feeling like an interloper at all. Room and en suite were comfortable and clean and although my room window faced on to the train tracks I didn't really find myself disturbed at all during the night. When I first arrived I had the chance to look round the town before dark and I was given a map with some good tips of where to go, how to get there and what might be nice to see.
Breakfast was lovely, great choice and met some really nice other guests.
Sheila was really nice about showing me how to drive through Kendal and I found my way with no problems.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We stayed for 1 night on our way back from Edinburgh to Oxford as it was our Wedding Anniversary. We received a warm welcome from Sheila & Alan. We stayed in a comfortable clean room and in the morning received a lovely home cooked breakfast including freshly baked bread. Overall an excellent place to stay and would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed November 2011