“Dalesway Haven”
Review of Bridge House B&B

Bridge House B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kendal
Bridge House B&B
Ranked #13 of 42 Kendal B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Dalesway Haven”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My brother and I enjoyed our best Dalesway accommodation at Bridge House. Sheila picked us up from the path and returned us to our route the following morning. Breakfast was a delight (all homemade produce) and our rooms were comfortable and well equipped with lots of little extras. It was a pleasure for us to meet a landlady who is a fellow walker and who could provide us with valuable information about the route to come. I particularly enjoyed the lovely deep bath after a long day and would recommend Bridge House without question.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Susojan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Leyland, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Second stay with Sheila at Bridge House and once again nothing was too much trouble, we were looked after very well. Lovely room and excellent breakfasts. Absolutely no hesitation recommending Bridge House, book early!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fevington
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Thank you to Sheila for a great welcome when myself and my daughter stayed at Bridge House whilst visiting my mum who lives up the road. Lovely, clean comfortable room and a fantastic breakfast with homemade bread, jams, marmalade. This was a house I had always wanted to look inside when I used to live in Kendal and Sheila let me be nosey and showed me around (including the "secret" garden!). Just like staying with family.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I didn't have a reservation, only a phone number and a recollection from a Trip Advisor review I had read before leaving the US, but I called when I got into town and got lost. Sheila answered the phone, asked me where I was, and said to she'd be there in five minutes. Five minutes later, Sheila hops into the back seat of a strange car with a couple from Nebraska and gives us directions to her B&B. Wow, now that's Midwestern kind of friendly.
The room was nicely decorated, clean and the bathroom was new. Food was great in the morning. I couldn't have done better if I'd tried.

Room Tip: The only surprise was she only takes cash, but that was no problem.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lheadley
Scotland
Reviewed 17 February 2013

This a fantastic guest house where nothing is of any bother to Shiella. Sheilla as a host was fantastic in advising on where to go and where to eat. The drive home was simply the best throughthe lakes to Penrith to the motorway. Great room and great breakfast. Why stay in a hotel?

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
nuneaton
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Bridge House B&B is excellent; clean, warm and friendly. Our muddy clothes were washed,and we were given a recommendation for eating out which was super. Both our hosts were very helpful and this is the best B&B on the Dalesway. Thank you both (from the lady with the manky foot)!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Chaldon, Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2012

We were walking the Dales Way, and Sheila picked us up from the route (a 10 mile drive, and we were waiting in the wrong place, but luckily she spotted us!). Exceptional service, and boy, we were not not disappointed when we arrived at Bridge House - lovely old building beside the railway (not noisy), with beautifully furnished rooms. Couldn't have been better. Breakfast was also a delight, after which she took us back to the Way to carry on our walk.
If we're ever back in Kendal, this is where we will stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple