“One of the very best I have ever stayed in!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bridge House B&B

Bridge House B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kendal
Bridge House B&B
Ranked #11 of 42 Kendal B&B and Inns
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“One of the very best I have ever stayed in!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Most B & Bs are great, some are superb, and some are simply outstanding. This was one of my all time top rated.

We got a lovely warm welcome into a beautiful home. This wasn't separated into guests' area and owners' area - it was like staying as a house guest in a friend or family member's home. And what a beautiful home!!! Lovely, elegant, homely, spacious, full of quirks, interesting possessions, family photos, lovely books ... so many things to marvel at being left around the home for you to enjoy. The room was nice and we enjoyed having three types of tea to try, as well as Kendal Mint Cake! All toiletries you could imagine - and more! And such nice, friendly people who obviously love sharing their home and its history, and their town and locality!

Handy location, just off the town centre - an easy walk in the shops, church, castle, etc, and to the rail or bus stations. Safe and easy parking on the quiet road opposite the house.

We have stayed at several different places in Kendal but this will be my first choice on all repeat visits from now on! I can't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CdeCCumbria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sutton on Trent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Sometimes you just cannot fault a place that you stay, Bridge House is one of those places. Sheila was the perfect hostess,nothing was a problem for her. The room was spotless and extremely comfortable and after a very long walking day coming from the other side of Dent, Sheila made me feel very welcome. I will stay there again on my next visit!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael N
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

My brother and I enjoyed our best Dalesway accommodation at Bridge House. Sheila picked us up from the path and returned us to our route the following morning. Breakfast was a delight (all homemade produce) and our rooms were comfortable and well equipped with lots of little extras. It was a pleasure for us to meet a landlady who is a fellow walker and who could provide us with valuable information about the route to come. I particularly enjoyed the lovely deep bath after a long day and would recommend Bridge House without question.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Susojan
Leyland, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Second stay with Sheila at Bridge House and once again nothing was too much trouble, we were looked after very well. Lovely room and excellent breakfasts. Absolutely no hesitation recommending Bridge House, book early!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fevington
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

Thank you to Sheila for a great welcome when myself and my daughter stayed at Bridge House whilst visiting my mum who lives up the road. Lovely, clean comfortable room and a fantastic breakfast with homemade bread, jams, marmalade. This was a house I had always wanted to look inside when I used to live in Kendal and Sheila let me be nosey and showed me around (including the "secret" garden!). Just like staying with family.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

I didn't have a reservation, only a phone number and a recollection from a Trip Advisor review I had read before leaving the US, but I called when I got into town and got lost. Sheila answered the phone, asked me where I was, and said to she'd be there in five minutes. Five minutes later, Sheila hops into the back seat of a strange car with a couple from Nebraska and gives us directions to her B&B. Wow, now that's Midwestern kind of friendly.
The room was nicely decorated, clean and the bathroom was new. Food was great in the morning. I couldn't have done better if I'd tried.

Room Tip: The only surprise was she only takes cash, but that was no problem.