Don't expect 4* luxury, this is an 18th century Coaching Inn. We had a large comfortable room, it was somewhat shabby but very clean. The staff were helpful and friendly. There was plenty of tea and coffee in the room and also toiletries. The afternoon tea was fine, a couple of ham sandwiches, a cake and scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam. It was part of the deal and I wouldn't have wanted to pay £10 for it. The breakfast was excellent and we ate there both nights and the food was very good but not cheap and the drinks were expensive but this is the lake district. I would certainly stay there again if I could get a similar deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From beginning of November 2015 the Gilpin Bridge Inn has been taken over by locals & we plan to put this Inn back on the map. We have 8 letting rooms all with ensuite. A function room for your parties, meetings etc. A great selection on our menus both lunch & evening and on a Sunday we serve a traditional sunday lunch which can be accompanied by a cheeky pint or maybe a cup of coffee. When visiting you will only find the staff with a big smile, a great sense of humour & more than happy to help you so please visit & make yourself at home in our traditional country inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick, Book Direct Rooms, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Gilpin Bridge Inn, Levens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gilpin Bridge Hotel And Inn
- Gilpin Bridge Hotel Kendal
- Gilpin Bridge Inn, Levens Kendal, Lake District