We have just returned from a 2 night stay at The Gilpin Bridge 28/29th August on a KGB deal.
As previous reviews the food is of a very good quality ( Thanks to Dave the chef ) All the other staff we encountered were very pleasant and helpful .
The hotel and the rooms ( Although a little dated ) are clean and serviceable
The same can't be said for the bathroom and shower !!!! A mere trickle of water , As for the bath " A horrible SHI--Y brown colour ?? This might have been the in colour to have in the 60/ 70s
Staff problems on the Thursday, NO waiting staff for breakfast so the chef had to cook and serve breakfast !!!
Another staff problem on Thursday, NO cleaning staff consequently our room ( or any of the others presumably ) wasn't serviced !!!
The above was reported to Adam ( The Manager ) on departure and he did apologise .
Would we stay again ....... YES if another convenient deal came up .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From beginning of November 2015 the Gilpin Bridge Inn has been taken over by locals & we plan to put this Inn back on the map. We have 8 letting rooms all with ensuite. A function room for your parties, meetings etc. A great selection on our menus both lunch & evening and on a Sunday we serve a traditional sunday lunch which can be accompanied by a cheeky pint or maybe a cup of coffee. When visiting you will only find the staff with a big smile, a great sense of humour & more than happy to help you so please visit & make yourself at home in our traditional country inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Gilpin Bridge Inn, Levens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gilpin Bridge Hotel Kendal
- Gilpin Bridge Hotel And Inn
- Gilpin Bridge Inn, Levens Kendal, Lake District