Recently purchased 2 nights stay with breakfast, afternoon tea and wine via groupon. The room was small and cold, the bathroom dirty and the plumbing is definitely not up to standard as the showers were weak and the toilet didn't flush properly. Stayed in room 7 and the noise from the opposite room was unbearable due to a guests loud snoring all night, could hear everything from the opposite room so clearly it was embarrassing and made you feel like you could not speak late on in-case you woke anyone else up. The location is isolated and a bit of a journey into Windermere. The food, however, was ok and the staff very friendly. We did not get afternoon tea on either day and it seems to me that you have to ask about everything you get on these groupon vouchers otherwise you wont get it. The bar was closed at 10PM on both nights and on the second night another guest threw stones at my window to alert me that they were locked out the hotel at (11PM) otherwise they were going to sleep in the car, it was freezing and wet and the other guests seemed a little traumatized. It seems to me the owners have no heart left in the place and that they don't care what experience its customers have.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From beginning of November 2015 the Gilpin Bridge Inn has been taken over by locals & we plan to put this Inn back on the map. We have 8 letting rooms all with ensuite. A function room for your parties, meetings etc. A great selection on our menus both lunch & evening and on a Sunday we serve a traditional sunday lunch which can be accompanied by a cheeky pint or maybe a cup of coffee. When visiting you will only find the staff with a big smile, a great sense of humour & more than happy to help you so please visit & make yourself at home in our traditional country inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Book Direct Rooms and Hotels.com so you can book your Gilpin Bridge Inn, Levens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gilpin Bridge Hotel And Inn
- Gilpin Bridge Hotel Kendal
- Gilpin Bridge Inn, Levens Kendal, Lake District