Stayed at the Gilpin Bridge Hotel & Inn for 2 nights in room 6.
The room was very small.
The en-suite bathroom is very dated, as previous reviewers have mentioned the shower is very temperamental, the water pressure is very low and the shower water keeps going on and off during the shower also running hot and then cold as well, making a VERY unpleasant experience!
You can hear the toilet being used in the adjacent room (not a good thing!)
When we arrived there were no towels in the room and we were told that they were in the tumble drier and would be ready before bedtime!
The beds are VERY soft and as we were in a double room, the slightest movement by either of us caused a tidal wave in the bed!
We were promised cream tea on arrival but were told they had no scones, so we were given some cherry bake-wells with a pot of cream (not a normal combination)
Good English breakfast.
Good location to visit the Lakes area.
Nice beer in the pub
Good car park next to the Inn.
As the tittle of this review says, it could do with an update, particularly the rooms/en-suite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From beginning of November 2015 the Gilpin Bridge Inn has been taken over by locals & we plan to put this Inn back on the map. We have 8 letting rooms all with ensuite. A function room for your parties, meetings etc. A great selection on our menus both lunch & evening and on a Sunday we serve a traditional sunday lunch which can be accompanied by a cheeky pint or maybe a cup of coffee. When visiting you will only find the staff with a big smile, a great sense of humour & more than happy to help you so please visit & make yourself at home in our traditional country inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gilpin Bridge Inn, Levens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gilpin Bridge Hotel Kendal
- Gilpin Bridge Hotel And Inn
- Gilpin Bridge Inn, Levens Kendal, Lake District