We stayed here for 3 nights on a groupon deal which is the only reason it's ok value. I definitely wouldn't pay full price for a room here. The whole place needs a revamp, the room was cold despite having a radiator and the shower was attached to the taps. However, there was plenty of hot water. Cleanliness was poor; the room and bathroom needed a good scrub and the room servicing was poor, they just remade the bed and didn't provide fresh towels, teacups or empty the bin. The food was quite tasty but maybe overpriced for pub food. It's very isolated so you have no choice but to eat there if you want a drink. However, the lounge was cosy with a fire and the staff were very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From beginning of November 2015 the Gilpin Bridge Inn has been taken over by locals & we plan to put this Inn back on the map. We have 8 letting rooms all with ensuite. A function room for your parties, meetings etc. A great selection on our menus both lunch & evening and on a Sunday we serve a traditional sunday lunch which can be accompanied by a cheeky pint or maybe a cup of coffee. When visiting you will only find the staff with a big smile, a great sense of humour & more than happy to help you so please visit & make yourself at home in our traditional country inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Book Direct Rooms, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gilpin Bridge Inn, Levens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gilpin Bridge Hotel And Inn
- Gilpin Bridge Hotel Kendal
- Gilpin Bridge Inn, Levens Kendal, Lake District