“Globe Inn is not dingy”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Globe Inn is not dingy”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I went to the Globe Inn The pub is not dark and dingy. The staff and owners are more than helpfull. If people can not read menus' then they should ask before ordering!!!!!
I have eaten here on many occasions and always been very happy with the quality of both the food and service.

5 Thank Duncan h

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Closed at 9pm?”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We tried to go it was shut. However, we found the outstanding white hart which was fantastic. Not sure how the globe can call itself a public house to be honest.

cheshire
“Don't get ripped off here.”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We were charged £19 for two baked potatos with chili con-carne and two cokes in this pub which is a shocking price. The menu shows the baked potato as £4.50 and then you look at a blackboard to choose your filling. There were no additional prices on the blackboard outlining that the baked potato was actually going to cost in excess of £7.00.
When I went to pay the bill and was told £19.00 I queried the price and was told that the menu actually says From £4.50, which when I looked at it again it does, but I also asked why there were no prices on the blackboard next to the fillings, and was told by the surly barmaid that I should have asked what price they were. I think they should have been on display as I was under the impression they were £4.50. I can't recall any pub / restaurant which doesnt have prices on display, whether on the menu or on a blackboard. I think trading Standards might agree with me.

So was this baked potato worth over £7.00? not really, it was pretty mediocre for a microwaved potato and the chilli was only warm and not hot although the potato was at least hot. The pub was a bit dank an dingy, the table was sticky and we had to clean the cutlery with the napkin before we used it. Certainly not the kind of surroundings where I would expect or want to pay 5 star prices.

Please be aware of what price you are being charged prior to eating any food. .

4 Thank eligCheshire
Wasdale
“Service as it should be!!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Myself,my partner,our dog George and our newborn stopped in at the globe inn today after a hard days shop in the hope of finding some late lunch..although it was 3.55pm and they finished serving at 4.00pm the owner made us feel very welcome, (despite it being extremely busy) even as far and opening the door on the way in and out,bringing our drinks over to our table and giving George treats and water!!! We thoroughly enjoyed our food and drink in nice surrounding but it is the hospitality that sets this place apart. We shall definitely return.

6 Thank TheoldPOcampsite
“Globe inn the best food in town”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The best chef in town nice staff always happy warm welcome. The food is warm and delightfully nice I eat there every week.

Visited January 2014