“Good English Pub Food”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This is a real picture book brew pub. The food offered is typical of English pubs: Good and more than enough. The individual rooms of this pub have their own different atmosphere and all are comfortable and have an old world charm.

This pub is very popular and gets crowded easily. Don't miss the local beer. It's great.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed in Ings for my honeymoon (Burbank Apartment) which I must also add was excellent. I went to the Watermill twice. The first thing I noticed was that it was extremeley traditional and cosy with a beautiful warm open fire. The atmosphere was great and the staff polite and attentive. Dogs are welcome which I never see in Blackpool where I'm from but was a lovely touch. However, the dogs are only allowed in certain places so if your not so dog friendly you can sit seperatley. They do some ales which they brew in the Watermill themselves. I didn't try them as I'm not fond of ale but a lot of people commented saying they were nice. The food was really yummy and great portion sizes but can appear pricey if your not from the Lakes. Worth every penny though! It is worth visiting the Watermill if you want a friendly pub. The locals are also very nice.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We loved this place when we visited - good location - excellent service - good staff - friendly & polite - food was stunning and the beer has a taste to die for - brewed onsite..this is a great place to visit as its a hidden gem - you won't be disappointed in anyway. We will be back very soon.

1  Thank Frenchie246
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed at the Meadowcroft and visited this establishment for food and ales. Food is ordered up at the bar. Food was very good, service was ok. Waiter did actually ask us if we wanted a starter just as we were finishing them! Local ales was good, tried their most popular ones but can't remember what they were called. Dogs are allowed into the left hand bar/ room and all were very well handled and looked after.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We went here on the recommendation of the host at our B&B. The food and choice of ales were very good. We had a table next to the stream that added to the atmosphere.