“Great B&B!”

Add it.
Sundial Guest House
“Great B&B!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed here en route from Land's End to John O'Groats. The B&B had everything we needed: secure storage for bikes, close to centre of Kendal and generous breakfasts! Our bikes were also ready and waiting for us in the morning, great service!

My knees weren't fantastic by this point so the few steps to our bathroom weren't that welcome, but in any other circumstance that wouldn't be an issue.

Would recommend this B&B to anyone undertaking a similar trip.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Will B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

I booked in at sundial as I was in the area running a training course & I have to say they were a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. When I arrived I was welcomed by Sue who showed me to my room & was very helpful about where I could go eat, she gave especially good advice about places that would be comfortable surroundings for a single visitor. The room itself was very comfortable & very clean. The breakfast included was also very nice & again the service was excellent. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to friends as it was very good value for money.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Nicola_JLeeds
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

Centrally located in Kendal the Sundial represents great value and offers a substantial well cooked breakfast. Sue and Andrew couldn't do enough to make me feel t home

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Paul S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

Great two-night stay, owners very friendly and breakfast delicious! We chose one of the only two rooms with a shared bathroom which was very clean and excellent value. Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank paddyfields77
Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed here with our 9 year old daughter for one night on Good Friday. The B&B is ideally located within a pleasurable 10 minute walk of Kendal town centre. I parked at the front of the guest house on arrival and Sue directed me to their private car park which is situated at the rear of the property. We were then shown to our huge room at the front of the building. Although there was just the three of us, we were allocated room 5 which has room for 5 guests. The room was very clean, very spacious and had lovely big windows allowing lots of light in. There was coffee/tea making facilities in the room and a digital TV should you need it. In the wardrobe there was also a little selection of books and toys which may keep any little ones busy for an hour or so.

The en-suite shower room was only small but it was extremely clean and very bright and the shower was powerful which is a plus.

On booking I'd mentioned to Sue that it was my daughters birthday on the Saturday and when we went down for breakfast there was a gift wrapped present and a birthday card in my daughters space at the table which we thought was a lovely touch.

For breakfast there was a selection of cereals to choose from with some fresh juice and tea or coffee followed by a delicious full English which you get to pick the night before by filling in your requirements on the breakfast card.

Overall I'd definitely recommend this guest house and if we're staying in Kendal again in the future we'll be sure to look for availability here first.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lee_and_Jaine
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Stayed in ths guest house for three nights. the owners Sue and Andrew were very friendly. Had a single room with shared bathroom facilities, which may not be to everyone tastes but at £26 per night with breakfast it is good value for money. The room was on the top floor though a bit small was clean, as the guest house faces a busy main road it was quite noisy at night. They were accomodating about breakfast preferences The bacon and sausage were very tasty and obviously from a local butcher not a supermarket. They were also very helpful with information and lent me some walking guides. The only downside I would say was the water pressure on the top floor was low, a power shower it was not! Apart from that I would stay there again especially as it it is only 5-10 minutes walk from the town centre

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank onetravel38
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Stayed here for one night on a flying visit to Kendal. Slept very well, ate very well. It's not the Ritz or a fancy boutique hotel but it doesn't claim to be. Good and friendly service. Recommended.

Room Tip: Not sure it's worth paying an extra 50% for 'en suite' - not exactly a bathroom, just...