Review Highlights

Leeds, United Kingdom
Great Introduction to Rock Climbing

Reviewed 31 October 2018
paulrichardk

All reviews navigation skills map reading great guide ghyll scrambling safety aspects yorkshire three peaks challenge rock climbing lake district great fun iain gallagher diving esk motivating knowledge activity session
Reviewed 5 November 2018

I booked a half-day of rock-climbing for myself and my boyfriend in early November. Our instructor, Iain, was incredibly professional and helpful throughout the entire activity and taught us a lot in a relatively short amount of time.
We were climbing within the first 20 minutes of the session and I felt very safe and encouraged the entire time. Iain was very motivational and gave us the option to climb several different routes of varying levels of difficulty on Lower Scout Crag.
My boyfriend and I enjoyed every minute of this 4-hour activity and I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who enjoys the outdoors. We are hoping to do more sessions in spring 2019.

Date of experience: November 2018
Iain G, Owner at Lakes Outdoor Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Thanks Daisy,

it was great to work with you & Matt and I'm pleased you enjoyed your Rock Climbing Session with me. You both have the ability to make an excellent climbing pair and I'd be very pleased to help you develop your climbing skills further. On that note, I look forward to seeing you both again in 2019.

All the best

Reviewed 31 October 2018

Booked a half day introductory rock-climbing session with Iain for my 12-year-old daughter. We were lucky and had beautiful weather in the Langdale valley. The crag Iain chose had an excellent mixture of routes of varying difficulty. Iain was very professional and covered the safety aspects of climbing whilst preparing for the climb. He got my daughter climbing as quickly as possible without much waiting around. Throughout the session he was very encouraging and pushed her to achieve more than she otherwise would have. We had a great day and will probably have another session in the spring

Date of experience: October 2018
Iain G, Owner at Lakes Outdoor Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Thanks Paul,

it was a pleasure to work with you and Jenny on Tuesday on what was an amzing afternoon weather-wise for the time of year. You both did brilliantly and we are really pleased that Jenny feels inspired to try more outdoor rock climbing. We look forward to hearing from you again in the New Year.

All the best

Reviewed 29 October 2018

As I planned to walk the 3,000km Te Araroa trail down the length of New Zealand I needed to get a grasp of river crossing and brush up on my navigation skills. Iain was my port of call. He was knowledgeable, professional and courteous, taking my outdoor fears and concerns seriously. Now I feel much more prepared for what Te Araroa might throw at me.

Date of experience: August 2018
Iain G, Owner at Lakes Outdoor Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

It was indeed a considerable endorsement of us in as much that you travelled all the way from London to spend a day with me here in The Lake District so that we could help to equip you with the skills and confidence to tackle some of the more difficult aspects of the Te Araroa Trail that you will encounter. We wish you all the very best of luck with achieving success on your amazing challenge and we also look forward to keeping up to date with your progress along the way.

With warmest regards

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Myself and 2 friends went Ghyll scrambling for the first time with instructor Iain on 9th October. We all love the outdoors and a bit of adrenaline and had such an amazing time we can't wait to go back again (when a little warmer ). Jumping off pools, rock climbing up waterfalls- an awesome day out (and we found new muscles ). Iain was calm and confident at all times, it was obvious he was a natural in the outdoors and myself and the group felt very safe at all times. Having pictures to remember the day with was an added bonus! Thanks again Iain!

Date of experience: October 2018
Iain G, Owner at Lakes Outdoor Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Thanks Liz, it was a pleasure to work with you, Amy And Megan last Tuesday. You all did extremely well. Next time, we should do The Esk Gorge All the best.

Iain.

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Me and 2 friends had a brilliant day Ghyll scrambling with Iain. Beautiful location to be exploring the outdoors. Iain was friendly, knowledgable and was able to adapt the activity so all our group had the best time. We can’t wait to go back to do more of the activities!

Date of experience: October 2018

Thanks Amy It was great to work with you Megan and Liz and I hope the three of you enjoyed the rest of your stay in The Lake District. Next time I recommend you should all try The Esk Gorge with me

All the best.