“A great weekend break”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kendal
Glenholme Guest House
Ranked #21 of 44 Kendal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We stayed here for the weekend of the Kendal Mountain Festival. Although a short walk out of the town centre it is in a perfect location. The room was clean and welcoming, with a very comfortable bed and lots of complimentary teas and coffee and even chocolates and kendal mint cake.
The owner was very friendly and accommodating when we arrived back from a long hike pretty wet.
The breakfast was excellent with a good selection of cereals, fruit and yoghurts as well as croissants and cook breakfasts.
We really enjoyed our stay here and if in Kendal again we'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 July 2012

Although we had booked months in advance, with subsequent confirmation closer to our arrival, we found that our ensuite room was not available. We had the use of a bathroom across the passageway. Breakfast was very good. Parking for our car was available at the rear.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Allan P
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Thank you for another lovely stay. Owner could not be more friendly and helpful. Room warm clean and comfortable - perhaps the decor is not to everyones taste but that's not exactly so important when the beds are so comfortable and the linen is luxurious! Chocolates a very nice touch too! Great breakfast from fruit juice, fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurts, pastries, toast, full english - such a selection!! Will stay here every time we need to stay overnight in Kendal.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank 24queenstreet
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Greeting was fine, parking at rear of premises.
Pleasant enough room, although the traffic noise was not good, but very strange choice of decoration, a mix between trying to be art-deco and a tart's boudoiur. Black and white wallpaper, flat screen tv on wall, tea making facilities, a mirrored dressing table, a wardrobe, a double and single bed plus a two seater leather sofa all crammed in one room!
Bathroom, a large room but with crumbling paintwork from ceiling, broken wooden toilet seat, good towels though.
Breakfast was adequate, freshly cooked hot, however toast was a let down poor quality thin bread.

Room Tip: A long way up to top floor!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I have stayed here many times in the last five years on various trips, twice for several weeks, and have always received the warmest welcome. The breakfast is the best I've ever eaten, the rooms are extremely comfortable, with no noise at all to disturb my rest. I have always been made to feel completely at home, and nothing is ever too much trouble. Will certainly be back again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Astrobabe309
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Stayed here for one night to break the journey from the Midlands to Northumberland. We had booked in advance and requested a room with a large bed - this was a 6ft bed and so comfortable! Had a wonderful night's sleep and not disturbed by the traffic on the main road - which was really only busy during rush hour.

Nice touches - well stocked hospitality tray and a bottle of fresh milk in the fridge, good chocolates, fluffy towels, good hairdryer. En -suite left a bit to be desired, but everything worked. Did find the louvre door to the shower room a little unusual, so no use for those who like complete privacy from their travelling companions!!

The breakfast was superb; seriously high quality and plenty of it. Landlady was very friendly, welcoming and a good cook to boot.

Overall a very comfortable stay and would stay again,

Room Tip: Room 3 has a huge bed! Traffic noise not a problem.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tiggysmummy
Reviewed 3 July 2010

Stayed at Glenholme Guest House for 4 nights, 2 weeks running, chose it originally because to be honest, i was sent their with work, as it was close to where I was posted. However, the friendly welcome and amazing breakfast really helped make me feel at home which is what I look for when I'm working away. I could walk into Kendal Town which I found to be great (Brewery Arts Centre pizzas were excellent!). My room was big enough, clean, tidy and stylish. I was very comfortable and able to use a few different rooms, as a stayed a while. If you visit ask for rooms 3 or 5 - 5 had a full on bathroom! Breakfast was great although the full cooked each morning did get the better of me by my second week, when the owner was happy to accommodate something lighter. Kendals just a short drive through to Windermere so I've booked the wife and I in for the August bank holiday. A good value well located and clearly loved home from home.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business