“Outstanding dietary care taken so I could eat a superb meal.”

Jintana Thai Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 153 Restaurants in Kendal
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Description: Jintana Thai Restaurant is located on Highgate in the centre of the Historic Town of Kendal, Just 70 yards from the Brewery Arts Centre. Open since 2010, the restaurant offers diners a relaxed, friendly environment in which to enjoy our freshly prepared authentic Thai Cuisine. Decorated with imported Thai furniture, artwork and statues, our dining area provides the perfect setting to enjoy our wide selection of meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes, each of which is freshly prepared to order by our team of experienced Thai chefs. Our fully licensed bar offers an extensive range of World and Asian Beers and Wines, as well as some specially mixed Asian Cocktails. Jintana Thai Restaurant is perfect for couples, and also for families and large parties, with its cosy and intimate surroundings everyone is welcome. As soon as you step inside, you are greeted with a warm welcome by our staff dressed in traditional Thai costumes. The restaurant and bar are available for hire to host private functions and receptions which can be tailored to your needs. Please contact us with your requirements.
Scottish Borders
“Outstanding dietary care taken so I could eat a superb meal.”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The unassuming doorway, flanked by two statues is like a Tardis when you step through the doorway.You're faced with a cheery dining area, bar and quiet polite staff. Clean and nicely decorated. The restaurant was previously an Italian I believe and has now been totally refurbished into a Thai Restaurant serving Authentic Thai Cuisine. Hannah, the manager, came to discuss my gluten free/ nut free diet and advised me what I could eat so I opted for a creamy coconut Thai Green Curry with stir fried rice noodles and vegetables on the side. It was very quick service and we were given a bowl of crudities to nibble on before the main meal arrived, being assured that it was gluten free.My meal arrived and my first mouthful was just mmmmmm! Perfectly served, appetizing and I really enjoyed it. We weren't rushed and had a lovely evening. Will definitely go back next year if we get back to Kendal. Hannah even checked the foil wrapped chocolates they give you with the bill for allergens. There is however a couple of steps to get into the restaurant but I think with help a wheelchair could get in. I din't have my chair with me and forgot to ask about wheelchairs.

2 Thank Jacqui A

Southport, United Kingdom
“Good Food”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Our second visit - food fantastic, good range of Thai dishes. Service good, staff helpful in ensuring we didn't order too much!. Reasonably priced meal.

1 Thank pandahay
“Amazing”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We go to Jintana as a couple quite often, the food is always fantastic with great variety and the staff are always hard working and very polite. We will continue to go very often and will bring friends and family too!

1 Thank DeeDeeDou
Colne, United Kingdom
“Disappointment”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The food was over priced and disappointing. Don't order the Tom Yum soup the portion was tiny and was nearly £5, the food lacked flavor.

There was no atmosphere, and there was no traditional culture, not one thai front of house staff member. The staff didn't no about the food being served and couldn't advise on the dishes. There were more staff than customers so alot of standing around.

And the music was on loop, it was enough to drive you crazy.. bells bells and more bells.

Not a place i would recommend or revisit.

5 Thank CapoeiraKing111
Jintanathai, Manager at Jintana Thai Restaurant, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you or your comments and pearls of wisdom for all the readers of Trip Advisor, we find it sooooo refreshing to deal with mildly racist reviewers!! On the night in question the Thai Staff were cooking the Authentic Thai food, whilst the Non-Thai Staff were serving it. Should we have swapped the staff around so you could have experienced some 'Traditional Culture' you wouldn't have been eating 'Authentic' Thai food. We will endeavour to make sure there are not as many white folk carrying plates of food in future; I'm sure this will be to your satisfaction.
On the basis of your expertise in Thai culture, atmosphere and music, we do not even acknowledge you comments of the food!
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Good range of Thai food”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is a comfortable and reliable restaurant for a very good range of Thai dishes. Reasonably priced too.

• Visited March 2014