“Much better than the Windermere branch”

Jintana Thai Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 148 Restaurants in Kendal
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Description: Jintana Thai Restaurant is located on Highgate in the centre of the Historic Town of Kendal, Just 70 yards from the Brewery Arts Centre. Open since 2010, the restaurant offers diners a relaxed, friendly environment in which to enjoy our freshly prepared authentic Thai Cuisine. Decorated with imported Thai furniture, artwork and statues, our dining area provides the perfect setting to enjoy our wide selection of meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes, each of which is freshly prepared to order by our team of experienced Thai chefs. Our fully licensed bar offers an extensive range of World and Asian Beers and Wines, as well as some specially mixed Asian Cocktails. Jintana Thai Restaurant is perfect for couples, and also for families and large parties, with its cosy and intimate surroundings everyone is welcome. As soon as you step inside, you are greeted with a warm welcome by our staff dressed in traditional Thai costumes. The restaurant and bar are available for hire to host private functions and receptions which can be tailored to your needs. Please contact us with your requirements.
Southport, United Kingdom
“Much better than the Windermere branch”
Reviewed 27 August 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Why is this Jintana better than the Bowness on Windermere Jintana?
It could be that the head waitress here is so efficient or that the staff are all attentive. The food also seems to be better presented and tastier.
I will have to try them both again!

Visited August 2014

West Kirby, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Really pleasant town centre restaurant. Excellent food - served a bit quickly for our liking (otherwise would have given excellent marks).

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Barry T
“Nice atmosphere but bad food”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

It was my first time in Kendal and the Thai restuarant was just 1 min from my hotel so I went it.. Starter was bad, Food was not fresh, I ordered stir fry with sea bass, omg it was so horrible, too much onion, no vegetables, and they added salad in my stir fry, the fish was horrible. The price was outrageous for such a bad meal, we ended up paying £49 I was very angry.,will never come here again. NOT RECOMMEND.

2 Thank Divalicious M
Cumbria
“Exquisite food and amazing service”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I can't believe that this restaurant is on my doorstep yet I've never been before. Our party of 3 had starters and main courses. I had the deep fried squid starter. The batter was light, similar to tempura. Then for main I had a mixed seafood curry with a side order of coconut rice. Again it was lovey and light, not to mention flavoursome. But the cocktails are something to die for. We had Thai Pimms - a lovely twist on the British summer drink. I also had one called Suntan Lotion - very much a summer holiday drink.

Try this place soon! I know I'll be back....

1 Thank Kazza9173
Cumbria, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A England "A Delicious Treat"”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Have never been here before but will certainly be going back. We found the service to be that of a very high standard. We were seated very quickly despite having made no booking on what was a busy Saturday evening.The food was amazing, very well presented and tasted delicious.Nothing was too much trouble. We were served very efficiently and politely by the staff but at no time felt rushed or lacking in attention. A very pleasurable and relaxed atmosphere. Loved it ! Thank you.

1 Thank aprille e