“A TOTAL RIP OFF... STAY AWAY!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Premier Inn Kendal Central Hotel

Premier Inn Kendal Central Hotel
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Kendal
Wainfleet All Saints, United Kingdom
“A TOTAL RIP OFF... STAY AWAY!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

After travelling up to the lakes we was against time, so decided to book in at this hotel. We checked in at 10 to midnight, and they charged us £70 for the privilege. It was cheaper on line and they didn't match the price, £5 for parking in there car park.... A joke!!!! I The rooms was basic, bed really small floor boards creaking as people walked past which kept me awake most of the night. If you are going to charge to money, ensure your hotel is up to standard.... Stay away guys and girls.... A total rip off!!!!! Oh and breakfast not even included... That's a further £10!!!!!!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lunahousewainfleet
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Kendal Central Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Many thanks for your review. At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay and we consistently monitor our rates to ensure we are competitively priced, your feedback is very much appreciated and please be assured that your comments have been passed on to our Marketing Team. Thank you once again for taking the time to contact us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

very nice stay for the night but had to pay £5 to park my car overnight in hotel car park. Brekfast nice plenty to eat.Hotel in central area of town , one way traffic is not good when leaving hotel. :-

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

If you can get a £29 in advance, this is an ace place to stay. Great breakfast and quiet rooms, but it's very close to the town centre as well. Only drawback is ridiculous £5 charge for parking outside.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Like a Travelodge but better, everything about the room is just better, having stayed in over 20 Travelodges, I can see I made a mistake! Bigger rooms, more soaps, towels, lights, pillows, better beds. My only critisism is the £5 per day charge for the car park

1 Thank Wombleaw
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

I work away a lot and I am a frequent lodger at Premier Inns, love them or hate them this was a typical Premier Inn (clean, friendly, good facilities etc), that was until I started to eat at the attached resteraunt (I will be leaving a worse review there if they have a trip advisor page).

All in the Inn itself was very nice and just as expected however the attached resteraunt "Table table" served terrible food at both lunch and dinner and breakfast which was included with the B&B Premier Inn Booking. The staff, service and cleanlines of Table Table was very good.

My first meal was a "gourmet" lamb burger, they really should remove that word from the title as it was like cardboard, not real lamb and im sure there are better lamb burgers being served at Aldi! The side portion of McDonalds style looking chips were chewy (very weird).

Then came the breakfast, I could not cut through the hash browns, the poached eggs were spot on as per all Premier Inns.

The only decent meal I had was the Makhani Curry but I guess that is because they just throw it in the microwave.

Room Tip: Eat elsewhere!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Chester-le-Street, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Arrived on the Saturday lunch time to find a parking spot around the corner but not in the main car-park, no mention of pay and display, no machine and no mention at all that I had to pay. Was a bit early to check in so decided to go for a coffee and a spot of lunch in the attached bar. (Wakefield Arms ?)
Ordered my wife a latte and myself a americano, was charged £5.80 for 2 coffee's ! my americano was £3.60 !! and didn't even taste if it had any espresso in it. Anyway went to sit at a table in the window to watch the world go by to be told we couldn't sit in that area as it wasn't open at lunch time ! So politely asked where I was allowed to sit (quite miffed now !) in front of the door so when people walked in I got an icy blast. What is the point of only having so many tables people are allowed to sit at on a Saturday lunch time ??
Decided not to eat here as wasn't prepared to sit here much longer so off to town we went for lunch. Found a lovely little bar (Brewhouse) had lunch and a few of there real ales then headed back to check in.
On check in was asked where my car is parked and I explained around the corner but there was no signs to say I had to pay, only to be barked back at saying it was there land and I had to pay ! This is not going well so I decided to move the car to the council offices opposite and leave it there for the weekend as it was free and was literally across the road.
Room was fine and showers were the best ever !!
Had a nice night out in Kendal and a very peaceful'ish sleep. The rooms here have air-con and have a mind of there own, and as usual with Premier Inn wake up to a freezing room as they must get the heating to go off at around 5-6am ! Its like this with every PI ! Why ??
Breakfast ! TBH I wouldn't bother, like others have said, the coffee is very poor the buffet stand it tiny.
I went to get some bacon to see it not cooked enough and swimming in water, well I like my bacon crispy how it should be so I politely pointed out that the bacon was not to my liking and could they do me some fresh ? The look of disgust on her face ! and then barked back "How many slices" and I asked for 4 ! She repeated so loudly "4" ???? bloody embarrassment !!!
Kids running amok and parents letting very young children (3ish) up at the buffet on there own to throw egg all over ! (not PI fault I know)
Would I stay here again ? probably not !
Premier Inn must get this parking thing sorted !! It should be free to customers !!!!!
Hope this helps you, I may have had an off day with them but try for yourself !

Room Tip: Rooms are pot luck with PI.
5 Thank Chris S
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

This place may be "just a Premier Inn" before you get there and you have limited expectations because it's supposedly basic ... even if that was all it was, then it does what is promises. But actually it so much more - the people that work here are so friendly, so helpful and so welcoming. If my friend and I ever come back to Kendal we will stay here again, and if anyone I know asks me for a recommendation then this hotel will be top of the list.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends