“Run of the mill”

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Ate here on a Saturday evening. Staff were attentive and worked well in the background while we got on with our meals. Just a run of the mill indian really. The chapattis and nan were rather good but the curries were average. Some strange touches in some meals on the menu which included glace cherries and cheese. Best keep glace cherries for cakes and not curries I reckon. Prices average. Food average. So many other Indian restaurants to visit so I won't be back to this one, but OK for a curry hit and a beer when you're hungry.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We went there without a booking and were seated immediately (despite it being a Friday evening). The menu had a good selection of curries and other dishes, I was impressed with its authenticity and informative descriptions for each dish (especially helpful for those who don't recognise most names of curry dishes). The waiting staff were friendly and attentive, and the food was very quick to arrive. The food was exquisite, I could tell that they had used fresh ingredients and the portions were generous for the price.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I have eaten in before at Mumbai and really enjoyed it however we decided to grab a quick takeawat this time after work and we were very dissapointed the portion sizes werent as big as other takeways we have had before and also my meal came with about 3 pieces of chicken in and the sauce rather watery...Just a shame when I know they have been better in the past.
Maybe stick to eating in to get the best value from Mumbai!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

My wife and I ate here on a recent trip to Kendal on the recommendation of a local and we weren't disapointed. Nice restaurant with a nice ambience and polite staff.
Our food came in reasonable time and was tasty, hot and fresh.
We often visit the kendal area and would definatley eat here again.

1  Thank JLF1981
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My wife and were staying in Kendal and were looking for a place to eat on a Saturday evening. We hadn't booked but although they were busy they managed to fit us in after a short wait. The food was excellent and the service was attentive without being intrusive. My one suggestion for improvement would be that they could do with a waiting area in the bar. Otherwise spot on.

1  Thank DJMR