“Incredible value vegan pleasure”
Review of Fox Hall B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kendal
Fox Hall B&B
Ranked #14 of 42 Kendal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I am not vegan: indeed, I am not even vegetarian. However, I am fascinated by food and have enjoyed creating vegan dishes for myself. A colleague and I decided to stay here for one night whilst attending a conference in Kendal. The most welcoming host showed me into a huge room with comfortable bed, large en suite, and very pleasant outlook. My colleague had a slightly smaller room with a more recently refurbished bathroom. Both rooms seemed almost unbelievable value for money.
We had booked an evening meal (£15 for 3 courses) and had emailed our menu choices the night before, as requested. We were served enormous portions of delicious vegan food. This ranged from the homely and comforting (raspberry and redcurrant crumble, for example) to the more unusual and imaginative (lentil and apricot, and spinach and apple soups). We were offered seconds of the latter, and could not possibly have eaten more of the former. You can even bring your own wine: the hosts were very happy to refrigerate ours until we were ready for it.
After eating so much the night before we couldn't face the wonderful-sounding full vegan cooked breakfast, and just had porridge and toast. I'll be very glad to invent an excuse to return to try it, because even the porridge was quite special.
The food is not haute cuisine, and the rooms are not shrines to interior design. However, I have given 5 stars because everything was so thoroughly enjoyable represented fantastic value for money. I would recommend Fox Hall to anyone, regardless of their eating habits.

Room Tip: Both rooms I saw were great. Ask for one with a newer bathroom if that sort of thing bothers you.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank koshamo

Reviewed 21 June 2013

We stayed at Fox Hall for 3 nights in June 2013. The house is very homely and the family who run the B & B are so warm and inviting, it felt like we were just staying with friends. The food was delicious and nutritious, and the portion sizes were more than enough to satisfy our family of hungry runners. We are looking forward to returning next year.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Easy to find off motorway, b&b was very clean, owners were very welcoming, I felt like part of the family. The food is excellent. If you are vegan you are probably used to struggling to find suitable places to eat - well look no further, the food was home made and great tasting. My only regret is that I didnt have the evening meals which smelt fabulous!
I can't wait to visit again. It is also a great base for visiting all that the lake district has to offer.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sarahes42
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Fabulous food, beautifully decorated rooms and guest area, a friendly welcome and comfy beds with amazing views. What's not to like?! Can't wait to return. Breakfast and dinner are delicious and the atmosphere is very relaxing. The evening dinner is excellent value and highly recommended.

Room Tip: The Sunflower room is lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2013

A excellent place to stay for vegan people, the food is fresh and great, the menu is full of choice, set in a great location, the family that run it are warm and very welcoming, the rooms are very clean and comfortable. great value for money would recommend to any vegan person.

Room Tip: all the rooms are quiet, the ones on back over look the garden and the fields and the ones on the fr...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2012

If you are a vegan family looking for gorgeous countryside with mountain views, a large en suite family room to cater for two children, a first class cooked vegan breakfast, a belly busting 3 course vegan dinner, local to family farm activities, with hospitality so intimate that you feel part of the family, then I can recommend no other place to stay. Sylvia and Chris are simply bionic, given they have several children of their own whilst keeping their guests comfortable. My children , who play with their young children in the lounge area, always feel at home. With the wood burning fireplace in the dining area, and nature almost knocking at the dining room windows, you will find it hard to secure another peaceful spot place in the whole of Cumbria.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Very friendly - and provided us with tea, sandwich and millionaire's shortbread - even though we were arrived late in the evening. Excellent breakfast, and they do lovely packed lunches too.

Very relaxed atmosphere, great bedroom room, and all round a comfortable place to be.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendal
Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection
Lyndhurst Guest House
Lyndhurst Guest House
#2 of 42 in Kendal
Gilpin Bridge Inn, Levens

Been to Fox Hall B&B? Share your experiences!