“fantas everywheretic”

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Kendal
Norwich, United Kingdom
“fantas everywheretic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

We have just come back from Christmas break and have had a fantastic time .The staff and manager( Kevin ) just couldn't do enough for us the food was fantastic also was the entertainment . It is a 2 star hotel but the service and friendlines of the staff were far better than we have had in some 5 star hotels .This hotels reputation will go far .Thank you all for a wonderful time we will be back .
A BIG basket of fruit and tea and coffe were in the room sweets and nibbles were where .This rates as one of our best holidays ever.
John and Rosanna Indge from Norwich hristmas 2013

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rosanna I
Gemma A, Manager at County Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, following your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read your comments and have passed these on to Kevin and his team who will be pleased to read them.

We pride ourselves on the level of service and hospitality provided and your comments are certainly reflective of this.

We certainly hope you will be back to stay with us again at some point in the future.

With Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Just had a marvellous Christmas @ County Hotel , food great , company marvellous ,Manager Kevin , nothing was 2 much trouble 4 him & his staff , highly recommended , would always go back ,we were here 8 years ago , improved out of all recognition

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank l55geo
Gemma A, Manager at County Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us recently.

I was pleased to read your positive comments and have passed these on to Kevin and his team who will be pleased to read them.

Thank you once again for your custom and we certainly hope you will be back to stay with us again at some point in the future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed here for two nights in November. The price was low and the situation convenient for the station, but I will not be returning.

There was no heating in the bathroom and the windows in there and in the bedroom did nothing to keep out the drafts or the road noise. There were only two sockets in the bedroom, (neither of which were near the bed) so I had to juggle the TV, kettle, heater, phone- charging and use of my laptop. I reported these concerns to reception hoping that the bathroom heater might be fixed and a multi-block or extension provided, but nothing was done.

Breakfast was ok and supper in the evening was good, but as I was feeling chilly and unwell, I checked out a day early. I was told that the staff present could not authorise a refund as I had booked through a booking site, but to call the manager. When I eventually got hold of him three days later, he also declined to issue a refund, was unpleasant and sarcastic and hung up on me. Appalling.

Room Tip: I guess rooms away from the road would be quieter, but check the heating and electrics before you se...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank sealsker
Gemma A, Manager at County Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you very much indeed for your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I was naturally most disappointed to learn that you had an unsatisfactory stay and certain aspects of the hotel failed to meet with your expectations and I would like to begin by saying that we do take all feedback seriously.
Your comments which have been taken on board and investigated with the Management Team at the hotel.

Once again, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
I am sorry that you do not feel able to return to us again in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Kendal hotels

Loughborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

When staying at the County Hotel you need to remember that this has a 2-star rating so not to expect 4-star accommodation. The staff are friendly and helpful, rooms are clean, tidy with tea and coffee making facilities, toiletries and televison.
The hotel has an air of tiredness, but often has lively evening entertainment.
Its location is ideal for exploring the town or driving to the Lakes and Morecambe Bay.
Breakfast was really generous with an excellent choice of 'start-the-day' food.
Bar snacks were good too.

Room Tip: Ring up and speak to the helpful staff to ask what rooms are available. There is a lift, so if you s...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Karen_Ette_1
Gemma A, Manager at County Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for your very kind review of your stay with us recently.

I was extremely pleased to read your positive comments and have passed these on to Kevin and his team who I know will appreciate the feedback. Your comments certainly reflect what we strive to achieve so thank you again.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again at some point in the future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

A good base to explore. Very near the train station and short walk to the bus station. The room was clean with good bathroom and kettle. For the price and location i would recommend. The breakfast was ok to.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank pkrodrigues
Gemma A, Manager at County Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback. It is nice to get complementary comments along with the constructive comments and it was pleasing to read you had enjoyed your stay at the County

Once again many thanks.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

We arrived tired and exhausted in the middle of our JOGLE cycle and were greeted by a grumpy and unsmiling female receptionist who promptly told us that we were too late for dinner (it was only 8.20pm). We were charged £80 for our twin room which frankly wasn't worth more than £35 being small, shabby and smelling of old fags. The bathroom wasn't much better with a painfully fluorescent light and no soaps or shampoos which for that price I would expect. As we left in the morning we overheard the staff loudly slagging off a customer who had complained about the standard of his room that morning. Feel extremely ripped off.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank CycleB2013
Gemma A, Manager at County Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your constructive feedback, following your recent stay with us.

It was disappointing to hear that the hotel did not meet with your expectations on this occasion. Your feedback is extremely important to us and we really do value your custom as such I offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you may have suffered during your stay.

I was very sorry to read that you felt that some of the staff at the hotel we off hand and unfriendly. Needless to say this is not what we expect of our team and they have all been reminded that it is very important to ensure that guests are made to feel welcome at all times.

Once again thank you for your comments and please be assured that I have taken them on
board.
Bourne, Lincolnshire, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Delicious food, super staff, warm and clean rooms. What more could you want for a holiday.A very relaxing and enjoyable weekend break Well done Kevin I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and the staff are a credit to you. From the moment we arrived through to the 'wave' at the end I felt welcomed.

Pat H

Room Tip: This hotel is well situated for the Lakes and offers a great service. Our room , 210, overlooked the...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pat H
Gemma A, Manager at County Hotel, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback. It is nice to get complementary comments along with the constructive comments and it was pleasing to read you had enjoyed your stay.