“Noisy pipes”

Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Kendal
“Noisy pipes”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The only problem are the pipes which make a loud noise every 15 to 30 mins enough to wake you up. Slept little and the front desk is aware of the problem. Otherwise, room is ok. Carpet could do with a cleaning. Breakfast not included in the price. Be sure you register you car with the front desk, else you will be fined automatically via the car park camera system at this services.

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Janak S
KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you were disturbed by the noisy pipes. We had the problem resolved as quickly as we could, and we did try to allocate all our guests' as afar away from the problem as we could, but I'm sorry if this spoilt your stay. We do ask all of our guests' for their car registration numbers on check in, these are then entered into our computer system which prevents guests' from getting a parking fine. There is no charge for parking at our hotel. While breakfast is not included in the price of our rooms, we do offer vouchers which offer a discount when used in the Roadchef Restbite Restaurant in the motorway service area next door to us.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay, and hope that you will come back to visit again now we have had the issues with the pipes resolved.

Thanks again for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed here as a couple with 2 dogs for 2 nights. First lesson was not to trust Sat Nav instructions, took us off the motorway to a country road, no need as it was in a service station! The accommodation was clean and had everything we needed. Desk staff were very nice and helpful. The room was rather warm but after asking for a fan, the girl at the desk provided one straight away. For the money , we thought it was excellent value. The dogs have a nice space at rear of hotel to get a walk & toilet, on the lead due to the abundant rabbits. Lovely view over the lake too. Shops handy next door.
One thing the management need to look at was a strange knocking noise, we stayed in the bottom floor then room first right.. Initially we thought someone was chapping the walls, but it persisted right through our whole stay. I presume it is the wind blowing something or water pipe noises. We will use this hotel again without hesitation

Room Tip: A room on the ground level would be easier with dogs but perhaps the bottom floor may be used for do...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm delighted you had such an enjoyable stay. If you come back to stay with us again, do ask at Reception and we can point our our access lane to you which has some lovely wide grass verges which are ideal for walking the dogs.

I'm so sorry you experienced problems with a knocking noise. We did have a problem with some of our pipework which we had resolved as soon as we could. I'm sorry if it disturbed you and hope it didn't spoil your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you and the dogs back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon.

Thanks again for your review.
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

Having stayed in Days Inn during our road trips in USA we was kinda hoping for more from this one here in sunny England.
Now, don't get me wrong - we was greeted with a lovely lady & the rooms are excellent!! However I feel they spoil the potential here by not having at the very least a free continental breakfast on offer. Also - I miss those air-con units .... Where are they? These rooms are hot! :/

Otherwise - moans aside - this is a great motel with friendly staff & lovely rooms. Nice views & the rabbits outside are a bonus (as is the views!!!. Great motel & I'd come back again. But not in August when I want air - con!!

Darn I missed those free breakfasts as the restaurant next door isn't ...ahem .. too great.

We'll be back though!!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. While I'm thrilled you were able to enjoy our beautiful location during our recent spell of warm weather, I'm sorry you found the rooms too hot. We are able to provide fans from Reception for guests but as the British summer is so short, we don't have air con in our rooms. I do hope this didn't spoil your stay. With regards to breakfast, the Roadchef Restbite restaurant does offer a wide selection of cereals, pastries, toast and juices as a continental breakfast option, and Reception offers guests' vouchers which offer a 25% discount in the restaurant.

I do hope you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will stay with us again in the future.

Thanks again for your review
istanbul
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The Hotel is seemingly hidden away in the south east corner of the car park. A quiet location when the group should be brandishing its name for all to see. A low profile for an excellent budget hotel brand!
We were welcomed by a friendly receptionist and allocated a large room with sofa bed overlooking Killington reservoir. The bed was large enough and soft enough for our liking. A good night's sleep was had. The bathroom was clean with bath and shower.
The hotel is rather isolated as you can only access the hotel by travelling southbound on the M6 and there is no obvious way off the property.
Following our arrival we wanted to visit a local village for a meal and a drink. I discovered you can leave the parking area without joining the motorway and travel like we did to Sedbergh which has three good pubs. We chose the Dalesman with a good restaurant and Old Speckled Hen to drink.
We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and encountered no problems.
The swallows were dipping and diving to gobble up those midges and the rabbits were a delight.
If you have time enjoy your breakfast sitting outside at Costa coffee overlooking the lake and the Western Dales.
Would I stay here again, most definitely.

Room Tip: for next time join Wyndam Rewards
1 Thank jimbohoughton
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm delighted we lived up to your first visit! I'm so glad you visited during such a busy time for our local wildlife. It's such a joy to sit and watch the rabbits on the grass outside the hotel. I'm very pleased we were able to help you with local directions. Although we are only accessible from the southbound side of the M6 motorway, we do have an access road that can be taken to reach the nortbound carriageway, or to explore the local area - such as Sedbergh - during your stay.

I do hope you did join our Wyndham Rewards loyalty program while you were with us and have started enjoying the benefits already! Please do keep an eye on our website for upcoming special offers.

Thanks again for your review and I hope to welcome you back soon.
strathclyde
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I had never stayed in a Days Inn before so it was a new experience for me and I was pleasantly surprised. On booking in we were welcomed by an extremely pleasant young lady. Our room was large with a double bed and additional sofa bed. It also looked on to the lake and we enjoyed the sight of the rabbits running around on the grass. The bathroom was spotless and had both shower and bath. Soap and shower dispensers and tissues were provided. Tea and coffee making facilities are also provided. It is possible to by vouchers at reception for £7.50 which gives you £10 to spend in the adjoining service station. We did not use these so cannot comment. Parking is free. This was our first visit to a Days Inn and I am sure we will use them again as a stopover.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your first experience of a Days Inn and I'm thrilled to hear we made such a good impression! We are very lucky to have such a beautiful location and the team work very hard to ensure that all our guests' have a clean and comfortable stay. I hope next time you are able to take advantage of the discount vouchers we offer for use in the Roadchef Restbite restaurant, either for an evening meal or breakfast.

Thank you again for your review, and I hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon.
Malvern, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stopped here with two dogs to break our very long journey from Inverness to Cheltenham.
The place was over run with rabbits they even came up to the entrance of the hotel. My dogs were difficult to handle as all they wanted to do was chase the rabbits. The midges were very bad because of the lake. The rooms were clean but basic and very hot.
They also charged £10 for each dog. It was expensive compared to the other Days Inn. I am told because it has a Roadchef which closed at 9 so we were unable to eat there.
The service station was dirty and tired I wouldn't stay there again with dogs.

2 Thank dinglepoppy
KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. Due to our rural and peaceful location, we do have a large community of wildlife around the hotel- including rabbits and several types of birds - some endangered. We do suggest that dog owners take their dogs for walks down our access road which has long, wide grass verges that make it safer than using the car park area. Unfortunately due to our proximity to Killington Lake itself, at certain times of the year, midges are attracted to lights in and around the hotel. We try to advise guests' to keep their windows closed to stop the midges entering the rooms, and we can provide fans to try to help keep rooms cool. We have also been trying to keep the curtains in rooms closed throughout the day to keep the temperature as low as possible. I'm disappointed you found the room basic. We try to provide all the facilities guests' could need, while keeping the price as low as we can. We try to make it clear that there is a charge per pet, per stay, not per night, as there is extra cleaning involved after having a pet in the room to ensure it is fresh and ready for the next guest to check in to.The price we charge was decided after research into other hotels and the price they charge for pets and is competitive.

I will certainly pass your comments on to the Roadchef. Their restaurant does close at 9pm, however both Costa Coffee and the WH Smith shop remain open 24 hours so there is always a food and drink option available.

Once again, thanks for your review, and I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay.
Portsmouth
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We have stayed in a Days Inn before and were very pleased with the quality for a budget hotel and again we were not disappointed. Large room with double bed and also a convertible sofa, a bathroom with a proper bath and shower. Slight downside was that we had to keep the windows shut of a night because of midges and this being one of the hottest days of the year made for an uncomfortable nights sleep although we were given a fan. It would have been nice to have air conditioning but its not often warranted in this country. The surrounding scenery and lake were beautiful and it was a delight just sitting outside taking in the sights and watching the wildlife.

Room Tip: I would think all rooms would be of the same high quality. The best views are ones overlooking the l...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry you found the room too hot. Unfortunately as a budget hotel chain we don't have air conditioning in our rooms, but we do have some fans available from Reception. We do advise at certain times of the year that guests' keep their windows closed as our location, so close to beautiful Killington Lake, does attract midges and to avoid them entering the rooms, keeping the windows closed is the only option.

All of our rooms are the same, but if you do come to visit again, please do call the hotel directly so we can ensure you are allocated a room with a lake view. Please keep an eye on our website for special offers!

Thanks again for taking the time to review Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) and I hope to welcome you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendal
Premier Inn Kendal Central Hotel
#7 of 13 in Kendal
Damson Dene Hotel
Damson Dene Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crosthwaite

Been to Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake? Share your experiences!