“nice wee stop over”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Kendal
Whitburn
“nice wee stop over”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

more suited for people staying one night or so when coming off motorway, we stayed for 2 nights to use a a base for a golf outing, got soaked at Kendal golf club and the lovely lady on the desk tumble dried our clothes for us " very nice of her" the food in the services was very bland and we chose to eat out in the local villages/towns even then it was a lot cheaper and fresh made,
the room was facing the lake no23 twin room comfy but my friend said the bed was to soft for him, i found it very comfy, but the pillows were well past their sell by date and were all clumpy.
cant complain to much as we got the £60 for 2 nights deal 50% off which helped us choose the Days Inn Killington lake.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry the weather wasn't nicer during your visit, but I'm thrilled the team were able to dry your belongings.

I'm sorry you found the pillows uncomfortable. We put 4 pillows in each room, and we try to have 2 soft and 2 firm to try to cater to everyone's tastes. Please do just ask at Reception if you have a problem such as this in the future and we will do our utmost to resolve the issue. I'm thrilled you had a comfortable stay - but I do hope that your friend was not too uncomfortable.

I'm sorry you were disappointed with the Roadchef restaurant. In the evenings their meals are on offer at 2 for £12 and they are all cooked freshly to order. You can also buy vouchers from reception which buys £10 of food and drink for only £7.50. I'm sorry if this wasn't made clear to you on check in.

I'm delighted you were able to take advantage of one of our online special offers, and hope to welcome you back in the future - do keep an eye on the website for upcoming deals! Thanks again for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Oxford
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We booked this as we were travelling from the north of Scotland to the South of England so it seemed a handy location. I entered the post code into my sat nav which tried to lead me off the motorway a junction too early. I was a little nervous about booking a hotel next to a service station but I needn't have worried. The rooms faced a lake and moutains to the east. The hotel is relatively cheap and has reasonable in-room facilities - coffee, tv etc. The hotel sells £10 breakfast tokens for the Roadchef restaurant for £7.50 but be warned - no change is given so don't buy too many tokens. Plus points are price, location but on the negative side it is slightly tired.

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms are great
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased you had a pleasant surprise! Although we are situated on a motorway service area, from our lake facing rooms you would have no idea as you enjoy the views over the reservoir and on to the Howgills in the distance. Please do contact the hotel directly so we can allocate you a lake view room as this is the only way to ensure this.

I'm so pleased you were able to use our discount vouchers in the Restaurant. Reception will always try to assist in calculating how many vouchers will be suitable for your party.

I do hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) in the future, thanks again for your review.
Exmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Great stopping off for Scotland both ways
Great views ask for lakeside views room Staff very helpful but room was looking a little tired Still good value for overnight stays Even though near to M6 it was very quiet I would use it again

Room Tip: Ask for lake view room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Please do contact the hotel directly to request a lake view room as not all rooms have this. I will certainly pass on your lovely comments to the team. We are very lucky that although we're on a motorway service area we are very well hidden from the sights and sounds of the traffic by a large hill so we don't have a problem with traffic noise. I'm delighted you found us good value and hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) in the future. Thanks again for your review.
Hua Hin, Thailand
Reviewed 9 October 2013

A decent motel style stopover.
Conveniently located, sadly the quality and variety of food on offer next door at the motorway services restaurant (nothing to do with the hotel) was beyond dire and overpriced.
The room and bathroom were clean enough, and we slept well. The receptionist was friendly and welcoming, and booking online gave a good value roomrate, Just make sure you eat before you arrive, because

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank John C
Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased you were happy with your hotel stay. As you say, we are perfectly situated for exploring the Lakes and the Dales - we're just 5 miles from Sedbergh and 10 miles from Kendal, and just off the motorway for heading further up into the northern Lake District. I hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) in the future - do keep an eye on our website for upcoming special offers! Thanks again for your review.
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Considering how close this is to the motorway I found it a welcome restful stop on a long road trip. The staff on the front desk were friendly and happy to chat. Everything from my booking was ready for me so I could check in, in one minute.

The motorway service area is alongside the pleasant Killington lake and so I was able to stretch my legs and have a sit on a bench overlooking this stretch of water, to get the images of the motorway clear from my eyes.

No frills but clean , tidy and very quiet with friendly staff throughout. The only downside was the expensive charges of convenience good in the service area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm delighted we were able to provide a little haven away from your long drive. We are lucky to have such a beautiful view, and quite large grounds that allow guests' to have a short, or a slightly longer walk, to enjoy the tranquility. I'm so pleased you found the Receptionist friendly and helpful. I will certainly pass on your lovely comments.

I hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) in the future, thanks again for taking the time to submit a review.
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here a few times and always found everything as you would expect. More homely than any Travel lodge because of decor,beds and especially pillows, and WiFi is free and it works!
Nice view of the lake and staff helpful. Food at the service station is as dried up and as disgusting as any other, but that's nothing to do with Days Inn, best to take the advice like others have said and travel a little and eat food that's cared for, and probably cheaper.Roadchef (Road Kill)

One of my favourite Days Inn though.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased to hear we're one of your favourite Days Inns! We do work hard to provide a home away from home, and I'm thrilled to hear you say that we have achieved this. I'm delighted you were able to make use of our free wi-fi during your stay. I will certainly pass on your comments to the team. I'm sorry you were disappointed with the Roadchef restaurant. Their evening menu is always cooked fresh to order so it hasn't been sitting out under hot lights, but I'm glad you were able to find somewhere else to eat while you were with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) on your next visit. Thanks again for your review.
Huddersfield
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Very helpful staff. Asked about eating out and they suggested The Dalesman Inn in Sedbergh for evening meal which was lovely - would recommend (busy as it was Saturday so may be best to book if possible). Large comfortable double room (only a twin available when booked but asked to have a double if one became available and this had been noted). Quiet with view of the lake. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quiet and have lovely view of the lake. Room 3 has an extra room with 2 singl...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm delighted you had such an enjoyable stay. We do try to fulfill all guest requests, and we do make a note on bookings to ensure that we change guests' room types if the correct room type becomes available. I'm so pleased the Receptionist was able to direct you to Sedbergh. Although we're on the motorway, we do have a couple of small villages quite nearby, and Kendal is only 10 miles away - please do ask at Reception and we can provide you with a map. Room 3 is one of our large family rooms. These do get booked quite far in advance, please do call the hotel if you would prefer to book this room, or to ensure we allocate you a view of the lake. I hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon - keep an eye on our website for special offers! Thanks again for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendal
Travelodge Kendal
#2 of 14 in Kendal
Damson Dene Hotel
Damson Dene Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crosthwaite

Been to Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake? Share your experiences!