“Best value in the lakes” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake

Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Kendal
Leeds Uk
“Best value in the lakes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

You can not go wrong with this hotel, yes the décor is tired and dated, but its clean and comfortable. TV, sofa, tea and coffee are all provided. But if you can get a room with a view of the lake, the view is 5 star!!
Beds are on the soft side but are fine. Staff at this hotel really make the whole experience almost perfect, nothing is too much trouble and full of local knowledge.
Tip, with the hotel being on the southbound side of the M6 going north might seem a problem , but if you ask the staff they will point you to a back road which can be bumpy but cuts miles off your journey. Would definitely stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Get a lake side room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chrism1966
KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoy your stay. I'm particularly delighted that you found the team so helpful and friendly.

I'm so glad you found the access road. It does make travelling north or to Kendal or Sedbergh so much easier! If you book in the future, please do ask at Reception if you need a reminder as to how to find the road.

I hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon. Thanks again for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Cardiff
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed in a Family room for 1 night as a stop over on a trip to Scotland. Room was a good size with a double bed, (a bit soft actually) and a separate section with 2 single beds.
Good - Location, overlooking Lake Killington and close to Kendal
Value - At under £40 for a Family room
Not so good - No where to eat as the service station only had a Costa open at the time, But lots of great pubs and restaurants a few miles drive away
Overall good value stay

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SandDCardiff
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. It sounds like you had one of our larger family rooms. We do only have two of these in the hotel so please do contact the hotel directly if you would like to request one of these as they do book up quickly! I'm sorry you found the bed too soft for your tastes. Our beds are on the softer side but I do hope this did not spoil your stay.

I'm pleased to be able to inform you that our McDonald's development in the Roadchef services beside the hotel opened in early April and we do still have Costa Coffee available also. We are lucky that our location is close to both Sedbergh and Kendal using our access road.

I do hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon. Thank you again for your review.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

For £49 I cannot fault this place. I had a large, comfortable bed, a sofa, the TV worked, bathroom was fine. Stunning view also if you're facing away from the car park. Better than a Travelodge, if not quite so contemporary, at a cheaper price. The only shortcoming is that the catering at Killington is restricted to a Costa and (upcoming) macdonalds. But if you're going north there's an excellent breakfast at Tebay, 15 minutes up the M6.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Chris B
Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We do have a McDonald's and a Costa Coffee in the Roadchef motorway services beside us and they do both offer a wide range of breakfast items for our guests' to enjoy.

I'm so pleased you were allocated a lake view room. Please do contact the hotel directly if you book in the future so that we can ensure you are allocated one of these rooms as they are very popular!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon.
Scot In Wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

I responded to a special offer and was pleased with the stop-over. The room was clean and large, with a view of the lake. The only thing I would mention was that the bathroom basin had a crack across it - no leaks, but feeling of lack of attention. Also there was seepage from the shower fitting.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

2 Thank potzzi
Thank you so much for your review. I'm so sorry you experienced maintenance issues in your room. Please be assured the maintenance department have been informed of this. I do hope it didn't spoil your stay.

I'm so pleased you had one of our beautiful lake view rooms. Please do contact the hotel directly if you book in the future so we can ensure you are allocated one of these rooms as they do book up very quickly!

I hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) in the future - do keep an eye on our website for upcoming offers!
Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Great staff at the Days Inn, really friendly and helpful. Yes the facilities are basic and a little care worn but this is a stop over hotel and doesn't pretend to be anything else.

After a long drive we found the room perfectly adequate, clean and comfortable with terrific views over the lake. No current food outlet on site other than from Costa or bacon butties from the BP garage next door. A McDonalds opening before long. Kendal or Sedburgh not too far away. We went to Sedburgh for a pub meal although will give The Dalesman a miss when down that way again.

We'll definitely be back to the Days Inn, Killington Lake.

Room Tip: A lake view room a must, just ask for one and the staff will be pleased to oblige if rooms are avail...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DeeGeeEmm
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay. Our McDonald's store has now opened in the Roadchef service area beside the hotel and we still have Costa Coffee available also. I do hope you will visit again soon to experience the new catering options. We are very lucky that we are so close to both Sedbergh and Kendal - both of which offer a wide range of dining options.

We are always happy to allocate a lake view room on arrival if we have any available, but we do ask that guests' with specific requests such as this contact the hotel directly before their arrival date so that we can ensure requests are met.

I hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon and thank you again for your review.
Winsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here with husband as passing through the hotel is in need of updating but it's ideal for a quick stop over as its adjacent to a service station so very busy constantly. The view from the room window is fabulous looking over the lake. Would use hotel again if passing through as cheap and cheerful.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back look onto lake very scenic
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sharonmillington
Thank you so much for your review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay and would stay again. I'm so pleased you had a room looking over our beautiful view. Please do contact the hotel directly if you book in the future to ensure we can allocate you a lake view room.

The location of the hotel on a motorway service area does mean that we are busy, however I do hope you were able to enjoy the peace and quiet that our hotel offers and you had a good night's sleep.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) in the future and thank you again for taking the time to write a review.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I couldn't ask for more given the price I paid for 2 nights here. We had a room at the back over looking the lake. Handy having costa next door. The rooms were clean, the bed was soft but I had 2 good nights sleep. Internet connection is good, which surprised me. The only down side which is nothing to do with the hotel is the road works blocking the junction to the north side of the m6, meant a 16 mile round trip just to go north. I would stay here again. Had a lovely time.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I'm so sorry the roadworks affected your journey - usually we are given plenty of warning of events such as these and we can pre-warn guests', but unfortunately we were not informed of the night time closures.

I'm particularly delighted that you were so pleased with our free wi-fi internet connection. We have worked very hard with our IT team and the Wi-Fi supplier to make sure that we have the consistent, high quality connection that forms a vital part of most day to day lives these days!

I do hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon - please do contact the hotel directly to ensure we allocate you a lake view room!

Thank you again for your review - keep an eye on our website for upcoming offers.