“Great Lake View, but that's it!”

Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Kendal
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Great Lake View, but that's it!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This Hotel is overlooking Lake Killington but, the rest is terrible, we found the Hotel Dated,
our Bathroom was dirty, and had loads of mould on the Ceiling Photos included. There was no hand wash soap and no shower gel, and were given the Containers to fit ourselves. I don't think anyone cares if I am honest, I don't think it's worth 50 Pounds per Night without Breakfast. I normally write positive reviews but not Today, this is unacceptable, I am a paying customer and I feel I didn't get a Good Service at all. Yes it's somewhere to stay but that's all. P.S the proof is in the pudding from our photos.

1 Thank pth1972
KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry you had such a disappointing stay. Please be assured these are not the standards we usually provide and the situation has been dealt with. I do hope to welcome you back in the future and hopefully provide you with a more positive experience. Thank you for taking the time to submit a review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Sunderland
Reviewed 15 April 2014

when we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by very friendly staff that were most helpful lgiving us all the information we neededto know our room had a really lovely view across the lake it was very peaceful. The room was a good size and everything was so clean great linen and towels. I would not hesitate to stay again excellent value for money.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and do hope to welcome you back in the future. I will certainly pass on your comments to the team. They do work so hard to try to ensure every guest enjoys their stay and feedback as positive as yours is always greatly appreciated. Thank you again for your review.
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Despite being by the M6 this days inn is definitely worth staying in as it overlooks Killington Reservoir which had plenty of wildfowl when we visited. It does not have its own restaurant, so we went to macDonalds next door for the evening meal. For breakfast next day we went into Kendal as we wanted a full English breakfast.
We stayed in a wheelchair accessible room close to reception which was OK

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I'm delighted you were able to enjoy our beautiful scenery and the amazing wildlife we have to offer at Killington Lake. The island in the reservoir is actually a nature reserve and has some quite rare birds. Please do contact the hotel directly if you book again so we can ensure you are allocated a lake view room. I do hope to welcome you back soon. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Sunday night at Days Inn Killington Lake proved satisfactory or a short visit to the Lake District. The Killington service area is unprepossessing but the Days Inn is well sited, overlooking Killington Lake, which is a reservoir serving the Lancaster Canal. Staff were very pleasant and helpful; room was quiet, tidy and generally well-appointed, and there was wifi in the room. My only reservation was the bed, which was rather too soft.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We are so lucky to have such a beautiful location overlooking the lake. If you book to stay with us again, please do contact the hotel directly so that we can ensure you are allocated a room with a view! I'm sorry you found the bed too soft for your liking, we are aware that our mattresses are on the softer side. I do hope this did not spoil your stay. I hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) in the future and thank you again for your review.
Glasgow
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My main quibble with this place concerns the breakfast. I was informed beforehand that breakfast could be bought separately and would cost £7.50. However, on arrival I found out that the 'breakfast' was supplied by Costa in the service station, where the choice was very limited and (as usual with such places) overpriced. I don't know how they arrived at the figure £7.50 and think the description was misleading if not downright dishonest. The hotel is very isolated so this is quite a big drawback

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Simon H
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you were so disappointed by breakfast. We did try to contact all our guests prior to their arrival to let them know that our restaurant had closed and had been replaced by McDonald's (which wasn't yet open during your stay) but unfortunately in some instances it was not possible to contact the guest. Further to feedback such as yours, we have now changed our breakfast offer and offer guests' a voucher they can purchase for £7.50 which gives then £10 to spend in Costa Coffee - we hope the "free" £2.50 gives a little added value. I do hope you will visit us again in the future and thank you again for your review.

Travellers are raving about these Kendal hotels

Glasgow
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The hotel is situated a few minutes off the motorway and has some fantastic views of the lake and countryside from its rear windows.

Sadly the view are the best thing about the hotel. When we arrived we were told that the hotel didnt have a restaurant but the service station was open 24 hours. Sadly while we stayed the service station restaurants were closed for a revamp which we were never told about before arrival.

As the hotel is meant for stop overs do not expect anything to kill time. Its simply a hotel you stop and sleep in and leave early the next day. Nothing is near the station at all so do not book if you want to stay in the country and think this hotel is ideal.

Staff on reception rather cold and didnt seem to care there job was to check us in and answer any questions we had.

The rooms are tired and dated and our room smelled a bit. Its a bit sad as the are around is so nice looking and could be made ideal for walkers etc.

Would I stay here again ? I doubt it. I would keep driving to the next big town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the rear with the views over the lake.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We did email all our expected arrivals a couple of days prior to their arrival date to let them know that we had building work going on and to explain what options were available. In some instances this was not possible due to an incorrect email address or a third party booking agency being involved. I can only apologise if this was the case. I'm sorry you found the site so isolated. We do try to make it clear that we are on a motorway service area and we are only 5 miles from the nearest village and 8 miles from the nearest larger town. There are also various walks around the site to enjoy the beautiful scenery. I do hope you will change your mind and visit us again in the future. Thanks again for your review.
Grantham
Reviewed 30 March 2014

this days inn is on the southbound side of the motorway so you need to find the service road, it looks like the rooms are faceing the lake you could use this inn as a base if needed, we only stayed the night as required

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay - albeit brief! Many guests' do choose to use the hotel as a base for touring either the Lake District or the Yorkshire Dales and the access road you mention provides easy access to both these areas and the M6 northbound if you require this during your stay. I do hope to be able to welcome you back for a longer stay in future - please do contact the hotel directly so we can ensure you are allocated a lake view room. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendal
Premier Inn Kendal Central Hotel
#7 of 13 in Kendal
Damson Dene Hotel
Damson Dene Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crosthwaite

Been to Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake? Share your experiences!