“Average Hotel”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Kendal
Romford
“Average Hotel”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We found this hotel not very good, the room was clean but the additional settee/bed in the room was badly stained. The curtain rail was broken therefore curtains would not close properly covering all the window. Also pets were allowed in this hotel therefore you must question hygene and if pets were allowed onto the bed/chair by owners. When this hotel was owned by Premier Inns these problems were not there as we have stayed at this hotel before.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry you were disappointed with your stay. Please be assured the issues you have raised will be dealt with. I'm sorry you are unhappy we are now a pet friendly hotel. All Roadchef Days Inns welcome pets for a small charge. These rooms are thoroughly cleaned after every pet has stayed. I will certainly pass your feedback on to our Head Office.

I do hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) in the future and thanks again for taking the time to write a review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We've been before and Killington Lake is the ideal place for us to break our journey to see our family in the south of England. Our dog Mac was welcome too. Very pleasant receptionist, when we arrived, she couldn't have been more helpful. Clean, minimalist bedroom. Very quiet and with all the amenities we required. Nice walk for our dog. Good value. Will return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We are delighted to be a pet friendly hotel and welcome pets for a small charge. I'm thrilled our Receptionist was so welcome and will certainly pass your comments on to her. The team all work very hard to ensure every guest has an enjoyable stay and we are always grateful for positive feedback such as yours.

I do hope to be able to welcome you and Mac back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) in the future and thank you again for your review.
Christchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed at Killington Lake about 4 years ago. Very disappointed in the drop in standard. Room furnishing and decor was shoddy and tired looking. Bathroom was the same. Mattress and pillows had seen better days and needed replacing. No restaurant (as on previous visit) only a Starbuck with muffins and sandwiches - not good for breakfast. Such a shame as the location is beautiful, and is a good stopover for us when travelling up to Scotland, but will definitely NOT be staying at Killing Lake again.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry you had such a disappointing stay. Please be assured these are not the standards we usually provide and the situation has been dealt with. I do hope to welcome you back in the future and hopefully provide you with a more positive experience. Thank you for taking the time to submit a review.

Travellers are raving about these Kendal hotels

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed here for one night in early June and it was a bit of a mixed bag.

Firstly the room was cheap, I booked via a promotional link sent to me from Roadchef after I signed up for mailings on their website.

The hotel is situated on the motorway services on the southbound side so there is plenty of parking available which is free if staying in the hotel.

I arrived early evening and was greeted immediately by a friendly member of staff who was chatty and happy to help. The check-in process was quick and easy. I was asked to note my car details on the registration for to make sure that there was no charge for parking.

My room was downstairs and at the very end of the corridor so it was nice and quiet. The set up of the hotel is a little strange as the reception and a small number of rooms are on the ground floor with the remainder appearing to be underground, however the building is built onto a slope and all the downstairs rooms look out onto the lake by the looks of things which is good as the view on a good day would be very nice, unfortunately it was raining during my visit.

The room itself had been cleaned and was a good size with a double bed and a sofa bed also available. Although the room was clean it was very tired looking and could be doing with a refurb or at least a refresh. The bed however was comfortable and I had a decent nights sleep, even with the window open there was very little noise. The bathroom had also been cleaned although the grouting needed attention and was discoloured and black in some areas - again more to do with age rather than cleaning from observation, possibly also a lack of ventilation as although a fan could be heard when the light was on I could not see it.

The food options on site at the services is a little disappointing. In the main building there is Costa, McDonalds and WH Smith. The free flow restaurant has recently been removed and replaced with McDonalds so there is no option now for a proper cooked breakfast which is disappointing, although the petrol station on-site is not owned by Roadchef and is BP owned so the they have a full range of snacks available including their new breakfast range with a hot roll and hot drink for under £4 which is better quality than Costa's breakfast rolls and cheaper. The cold drinks etc are also cheaper in the petrol station than WH Smith.

Overall the stay was not bad and I would probably stay again but definitely feel the place needs freshened up.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Chris M
Thank you for your comprehensive review! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry you were disappointed with our dining options, but I am pleased you were able to find an alternative. I do hope you will book to stay with us in the future - please do contact the hotel directly so we can ensure you are allocated a room with a view! Thank you again for your review.
Norwich
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Excellent, requested disabled with 2 singles even though double was only option at booking, all in order on arrival. Stayed 4 days but room only cleaned once. Dog friendly with wonderful views over Killington lake. Staff very obliging.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased we were able to accommodate your request for a twin bedded room. All rooms are cleaned every day unless there is a Do Not Disturb sign on the door in which case we will of course abide by the guests' wishes. I do hope it did not spoil your stay. I do hope you will book to stay with us in the future. Thank you again for your review.
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

On my booking reservation, as in previous stays, mention was made of voucher for breakfast in the restaurant. When we arrived we were informed that this no longer applied as there was only the choice of Macdonalds or Costa now. No where on site could I buy fresh fruit. Very disappointed-so much for healthy eating

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry you were so disappointed with our dining options. Fruit salad or fruit bags and salad options are available in both McDonald's and Costa Coffee and also in the WH Smith shop. I will certainly ensure the reception team are more aware of this. I do hope you will book to stay with us in the future. Thank you again for your review.
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Booked for two nights. A view to die for BUT dirty carpet, blistered venèeer on bedside unit, black slime in sink plug hole, mould around chipped bath, mould around bathroom door frame, smell of stale urine, no soap in bath dispenser, bed so worn out we kept rollng into the middle. Tried to tell reception next morning but closed.Left a note asking for bathroom to be cleaned properly but no change dried soap stains around sink from night before. You have been warned, go somewhere else.

1 Thank Derek B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendal
Travelodge Kendal
#2 of 14 in Kendal
Damson Dene Hotel
Damson Dene Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crosthwaite

Been to Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake? Share your experiences!