“Pit stop”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Kendal
London, United Kingdom
“Pit stop”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is a good budget option when you're powering up the M6. The motel is clean, quiet and comfy. The view is gorgeous with the lake and the bunnies everywhere. BUT only eating options are McDonalds and Costas in the service station, and Costas shuts early, so...

Might be better stopping to eat at Westmoreland?

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. The lake and the rabbits do make our hotel a lovely setting - even if just for a quick overnight stop!

I'm sorry you were disappointed with our catering options. McDonald's is open 24 hours, and Costa Coffee is open until 9pm at the moment. You can also buy a discounted voucher to use in Costa which offers £10 of food and drink for £7.50.

I do hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon and thank you again for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The location was beautiful with the lake , birds and wind turbines . You would not think you were near a motorway . The receptionist was friendly and helpful . The only thing was the meals on offer at the services , especially Costas breakfast ! But the motel was very nice with comfi beds . Probably best to describe as just below Premier and above Travelodge !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay. I'm so pleased you had one of our beautiful lake view rooms. The view over the reservoir is spectacular - especially in the sunny weather we have been having recently.

I'm sorry you were disappointed with our restaurant offerings. Both Costa Coffee and McDonald's do have a wide range of breakfast options, but I do appreciate that this is not suitable for everyone. I do hope it would not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Thank you again for your review, and I hope to see you again at Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon.
Dufftown
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I regularly break my journey from Scotland to London by staying overnight at the Days Inn, Kendal. The rooms are clean and tidy and the receptionist is always welcoming. The beds are clean and comfortable ensuring a good nights sleep before resuming my journey.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your lovely review. It's always nice to hear from a regular guest! I'm so pleased we continue to offer comfortable good value rooms. I do hope you're a Wyndham Rewards member and are taking advantage of the benefits that brings - if not, do sign up when you stay next time.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Stafford
Reviewed 12 July 2014

For the price we expected a basic convenient stop on M6 but were pleasantly surprised. Excellent room, clean, pleasant as were very helpful staff.

Although room was basic, very comfortable and would definitely choose above the previous nights accommodation which was three times price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay - and that you would choose to stay with us again! We do try to provide everything our guests' need for an enjoyable stay and I will certainly pass your comments regarding the team on to them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon - please do keep an eye on our website for upcoming offers.

Thanks again for your review.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Although a motorway stopover the accomodation is away from hustle and bustle of service area with beautiful lake views. Pity the restaurant has closed and is now part Macdonalds part Costa but both have fantastic views over the distant mountains and lake.

Room Tip: ask for lake view. rooms are typical travelodge layout but larger and better equipped.plenty of tea...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Happygranny272
KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Our location is beautiful - especially in the sunshine we have at the moment, and the hill that hides us from the motorway does ensure most of the traffic noise is silenced.

Our restaurant closed in February, and our McDonald's store opened in April. Although the restaurant has gone, both Costa Coffee and McDonald's do offer a wide range of food items throughout the day. We have also started offering a discount voucher for guests' to use to buy breakfast in Costa Coffee - I do hope you were able to take advantage of this and enjoy breakfast on the patio area in the sun.

I do hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review.
Warwick
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was a 1 night stopover at the end of a holiday in the Lake District. I wasn't expecting much, but was very pleasantly surprised. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and the room was very clean and comfortable. We had a room overlooking a grassy bank, with lots of wild rabbits playing. The other side of the hotel overlooks Killington Lake, and the views from those rooms must have been stunning.
If I was in the area again, I'd definitely stay here again. Very good value - and free wifi. Recommended

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. One of the advantages of staying at this time of year is the opportunity to enjoy watching both the rabbits and the birds who inhabit our grounds. Our lake view rooms do have a beautiful view over Killington Lake - please do contact the hotel directly to ensure we can allocate you one of these rooms. We do our best to accommodate all of our guests' requests.

I'm delighted you were so happy with the service from the team. I will certainly pass your comments on to them. They work very hard to ensure all our guests' have an enjoyable stay and positive feedback such as yours means a great deal to them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) the next time you are in the area - please do keep an eye on our website for special offers!

Thank you again for your review.
Leamington Spa
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We have stayed here many times and never been disappointed! The view from the bedroom is spectacular and that is enough to bring you back time n again. The staff are so helpful. The room is very good. The food can be obtained from the adjacent outlet and quite adequate. Thoroughly reccomend a stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm so pleased that you had another enjoyable stay. We are very lucky to have such a beautiful view. I'm sure you know to contact the hotel directly to ensure we allocate you one of our lake view rooms!

I will pass on your lovely comments to the team. They are always delighted to receive positive feedback such as yours.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review. I do look forward to welcoming you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon - keep an eye on our website for special offers!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendal
Travelodge Kendal
#2 of 14 in Kendal
Damson Dene Hotel
Damson Dene Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crosthwaite

Been to Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake? Share your experiences!