“Weekend in The Lakes” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Kendal
Goole
“Weekend in The Lakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Myself and my husband booked a weekend at the Days Inn Kendal for our 20th wedding anniversary. We had a lovely clean and pleasant room, which over looked Killington Lake which was a beautiful site. The check in staff were very pleasant, and the over all stay was amazing. We would definitely stay there again as it was worth every penny.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I will certainly pass your lovely comments on to our team. Feedback is always welcomed - especially when it is as positive as yours!

I do hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon - please do contact the hotel directly so we can ensure we can allocate you a room with a view.

Thanks again for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Walcott, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was an overnight stay on route to Scotland, Room was clean and bed was comfy free internet was easy to use, some rooms have stunning views over a lake, The only issue was the heat in the room, the window only opened about half an inch, totally useless, I always travel with 2 usb fans that plug into my laptop so had to use them. Good value stopover but they must do something about the heat either change the windows or install air con
Had i been staying in a premier inn I would have got a refund under their good night sleep promise as it was just too hot to have quality sleep

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry your stay was spoilt by the hot weather. We do have window restrictors on all of our windows which restrict opening to 15cm. This is for your safety as it prevents accidents and also increases the security of the rooms. We do have fans available from Reception if required.

I do hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon and thank you again for taking the time to leave a review.
Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Me, my husband and my dog stayed here for 3 nights, and i can't complain about anything. The staff were friendly, efficient and willing. I asked for an extra quilt, it was waiting for me in reception that evening, and our room was re-stocked each day. The views from our window were amazing. We may be a bit sad admitting this, but we even sat and watched the wind turbines in the distance. We sat outside beside the lake in the evening watching the birds and rabbits. It was so peaceful. The noise from the motorway was hardly noticeable from outside. The only thing that we thought was poor is the service area. It's ok if you like McDonald's, which we don't, but the Costa coffee shop was useful. The Skinny Hot Chocolate went down very well.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm delighted you had such an enjoyable stay! We are very lucky to be in such a beautiful location - and the patio area outside Costa is just perfect for enjoying a warm summer evening - or even a cold one with a skinny hot chocolate - and I'm with you on the wind turbines - they are addictive to watch, but far enough away not to spoil the view.

I'm so pleased the staff were able to assist you with your request for an extra quilt - if you book to stay again, if you pop a note on the booking we can ensure the quilt is in the room for you on arrival.

I do hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon and thank you again for your review.
Scotland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Stop here on way down M6 the receptionist at check was friendly and helpful land even printed out directions for us, but the room room turned out to be of a very poor standard the bathroom had a horrible smell which went right through the room even keeping the door closed did not help the bed was not comfortable at all mattress was done only good point was the room was at the back facing the lake and was very quite. This was not just our room as there was another couple with us there room was the very same.

Certainly won't be staying at a Days Inn again

Merc

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We are undergoing a period of partial refurbishment and I hope that the issues you raised will be resolved soon.

Thank you again for your review.

Travellers are raving about these Kendal hotels

York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Beautoful setting convenient for m6 dont use sat nav you will end up in wrong place

Very poor state of repair

Quiet

But poor value for money due to hole in ceili g peeling paint etc

Come on days inn you can do better

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. Unfortunately due to our rural location, our postcode covers around 8 square miles and a lot of satnav devices direct drivers to the middle of the postcode which is on the other side of the lake. We do try to advertise this on all of the websites we are on. I can only apologise if this was not made clear enough.

We are currently undergoing a period of partial refurbishment and we hope to have the issues you raised resolved soon.

Thank you again for your review.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is a good budget option when you're powering up the M6. The motel is clean, quiet and comfy. The view is gorgeous with the lake and the bunnies everywhere. BUT only eating options are McDonalds and Costas in the service station, and Costas shuts early, so...

Might be better stopping to eat at Westmoreland?

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. The lake and the rabbits do make our hotel a lovely setting - even if just for a quick overnight stop!

I'm sorry you were disappointed with our catering options. McDonald's is open 24 hours, and Costa Coffee is open until 9pm at the moment. You can also buy a discounted voucher to use in Costa which offers £10 of food and drink for £7.50.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

The location was beautiful with the lake , birds and wind turbines . You would not think you were near a motorway . The receptionist was friendly and helpful . The only thing was the meals on offer at the services , especially Costas breakfast ! But the motel was very nice with comfi beds . Probably best to describe as just below Premier and above Travelodge !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

KendalDIManager, General Manager at Days Inn Kendal Killington Lake, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay. I'm so pleased you had one of our beautiful lake view rooms. The view over the reservoir is spectacular - especially in the sunny weather we have been having recently.

I'm sorry you were disappointed with our restaurant offerings. Both Costa Coffee and McDonald's do have a wide range of breakfast options, but I do appreciate that this is not suitable for everyone. I do hope it would not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Thank you again for your review, and I hope to see you again at Days Inn Kendal (Killington Lake) soon.