“Excellent!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Ali B
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 9 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Excellent, clean apartment and well kitted out with all the amenities you will need. Lovely view over the river from the sitting room. Has it's own private parking space right outside so you don't have to fight for space in Kendal's public car park. A couple of minutes walk into the town centre or just 15 minutes by car into Windermere. Carol the owner could not have been nicer or more generous! When we let her know the bathroom light bulb had blown, she arranged to sort it out the next day while we were out. On our return to the replaced light bulb she must have seen my wife's Birthday cards on display in the sitting room and had left a lovely gift of a goody hamper and flowers and offered to let us stay another two days for free! This was way above and beyond what I would have expected! We accepted the lovely offer of just one extra night. So thank you Carol for a wonderful stay and thank you again for the gifts! Lovely apartment.

Date of stay: July 2015
DAWN J
“OK - but disappointed”
Reviewed 10 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

The property is located on an extremely busy road with three lanes on a one way system so although the living room overlooked the river, the bedroom and kitchen overlook this road and traffic noise starts at around 5.30am so if you are a light sleeper bring ear plugs. We felt the property was basic and could do with some TLC and a good clean, i.e. cobwebs removed from lounge, freezer needed defrosting as door would not shut due to ice and the microwave partly rusted inside - also the crockery could have done with a good clean. The bedroom was stuffy at night but we could not open the window not only due to having no key but also due to the traffic noise. My other niggle - and we do our best to be eco friendly, we were disappointed to be given only one bath towel and one hand towel each for our 5 days stay which I felt was rather poor. Also no wi-fi at the property but our fault we should have checked. We would not return to this property again as we did not feel it was up to scratch for the money we paid.

Date of stay: July 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked least: Location - on a busy road which was not specified in the advert.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
14 Jul 2015
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you felt so disappointed with the apartment.
I will try to address each complaint in turn.

The apartment is right in the town centre. This does mean an element of traffic noise. It is only the rear of the apartment that is affected as the front of the building overlooks the river. I can appreciate that if you are a light sleeper and need to keep the bedroom window open this could annoy you. I will try & emphasise this on the website description in future.

Regarding your comment about removing spider webs and the property & crockery needing a good clean. I am so sorry about this. I did not inspect every area of the apartment as thoroughly as you did, that is obvious and for that I apologise, but I will certainly make a point of being more thorough in future. I would like to point out that no other guest has felt this way in their review - in fact quite the opposite. so I am reassured that this ‘slip up’ is a one off.

Regarding the freezer needing defrosting, When I pointed this out to you, I apologised that you would not be able to use the top shelf and would have to push the door for it to close properly. Unfortunately having guests leave and arrive within a short timespan of each other, left no time for the freezer to be defrosted properly. You assured me this was ok and would not bother you. so I am puzzled that you have raised it as a complaint.

Regarding the microwave, some of the black paintwork has rubbed off on the inside of the door due to excessive cleaning and has exposed the silver aluminium underneath. Thankfully, there is no rust, but I can understand why, on just a glance, It can be easily mistaken as such.

The window does not require a key to open, so I am a bit puzzled by this complaint.

Regarding towels. There were a total of 4 Bath Sheets and 5 Hand towels provided. The spares were in the drawer of the bed base. I mentioned “spares are here’” as I opened the drawer to hand you a towel which you requested to stand on. The bedroom is small, so leaving all the extras in the drawer until you need them is necessary. I am exceedingly puzzled by this complaint.

I provide a meet and greet service for key collection and access. I spent half an hour with you, explaining how everything worked and making sure you were happy with everything in the apartment, before leaving you with my telephone number for any questions or problems. You assured me you were happy with everything and hearing nothing from you to the contrary, I believed that was the case. I am so sad to learn from your review that you felt such dissatisfaction when all the time I mistakingly thought you were happy guests. I have learned something from this sad experience.
rayangie2...
Queensland, Australia
“fabulous”
Reviewed 6 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

the service we received from carol was outstanding,location was great ,two minute walk to town lovely outlook across the river kent.
the apartment clean and homely

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location and apartment
Liked least: leaving
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
GooseChic...
York, United Kingdom
“Beautiful relaxing view”
Reviewed 4 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

This is a beautiful apartment with the most relaxing view. We didn't want to leave. Carol allowed us to bring our little dog. This is the perfect place to travel by bus to other parts of the Lake District as the bus station is a 5 minute walk away. Everything you will need is in this apartment. There are thoughtful touches of a welcome pack which included dog chews in ours. The bed is comfy which is important and there is a massage reclining chair which was very good. We would highly recommend here and will book again in the future.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view of the river Kent.
People with disabilities Older travelers
People with pets
John F
Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
“A Fantastic Apartment”
Reviewed 21 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

We really enjoyed our stay here. A wonderful view from the front room window. Everything you wanted was in the apartment. A good central place to stay. The Owner was lovely. We would definitely stay there again and highly recommend this fantastic property. Many thanks Carol.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing at all
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Norma254
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Excellent little apartment”
Reviewed 5 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

We booked this apartment mainly for its convenience for the town centre of Kendal, and it truly was only a few minutes walk to lots of shops and restaurants, whilst also quiet and with a relaxing view over the river. It was very comfortable and equipped with everything we could need. We wouldn't hesitate to book it again if returning to Kendal.

Date of stay: September 2014
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The convenience for the town centre
Liked least: The bed was a bit on the small side for two people who are a bit on the large side!
People with disabilities Older travelers
Kay S
Crewe
“fabulous apartment”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

Fabulous apartment light modern and airy with a wonderful view of the river ,only 2mins walking distance to town centre it also has its own parking place,we used it as a base to travel to Yorkshire to watch the Tour de France and it was lovely coming back to the apartment at night to relax ,fully equipped kitchen ,comfy bed Carol thinks of everything and there was a lovely welcoming present of cookies and chocolates , would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it

Date of stay: July 2014
Liked best: all of it
Liked least: nothing
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.