Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection
Travelodge Kendal(Kendal)(Great Value!)
US$65
Travelodge
1,975 results
All reviewsgreenhouse restaurantalexanders pubtasting menuexecutive roomthe main hotelhotel groundslovely groundspool and steam roomlake districtlovely hotelhotel barbreakfast staffevening mealrelaxing breakleisure facilitieshigh standardlovely view
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I have just returned from a two night stay at the Castle Green and was very impressed by the level of service, fitness facilities and wonderful food experienced at this hotel. It is very rare that I leave a conference venue stating that I would be prepared to return to the hotel for a private vacation but this is one of those rare occasions. The level my room was on didnt have a lift however I feel sure that if you made the staff aware of your requirements when booking they would have done everything to cater for you - I always use the stairs so it wasnt a problem. The restaurant service was attentive without being over the top and the food was "melt in the mouth" Cumbrian Fayre. The gyms and pool were excellent and the staff in these areas were as equally attentive as the excellent hotel staff. My room was spacious and beautifully decorated. Even though we were part of a conference all delegates were treated as valued guests - Well done to the team at Castle Green - keep up the good work.

1  Thank GoldenGappers
Ben M, General Manager at Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2011

Thank you for your generous praise of the hotel and the team. We work hard to make the experience the best we can for all our guests and it is always great to hear that we are achieving what we set out to do.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

Just spent the weekend there at a conference, Great Food, organisation and very friendly staff. Room was slightly small, but was spotless and well equiped and looked recently refurbished. Great Views as well.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind words. It was a very enjoyable weekend all round and we hope that you will return for a more leisurely break in the future!

Reviewed 11 November 2011

Hotel staff very friendly & helpful, the restaurant is first class with freshly prepared dishes using locally sourced produce. The breakfast selection is the best I've seen even in 5* hotels.
Rooms comfortable & well equiped only negative is that there are quite a few stairs to climb to most rooms.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dil G

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on providing friendly efficient service and I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. We do have one section of the hotel that is only accessible by stairs but 50% of our bedrooms are on the ground floor or can be reached using the lift. If one of these rooms would be more suitable then our Reception team will be very happy to allocate accordingly should you decide to return.

Reviewed 9 November 2011

Stayed as a Group following outbound activity in the area. As the organiser of the group I was given a complimentary upgrade to an Executive Room (room 144). It was excellent. Modern, huge room with a huge very comfortable bed and all finished in neutral colours. Complimentary mineral water and fruit bowl. Very modern chocolate brown bathroom with power shower over bath - all recently refurbished.

Staff very good at both check-in and at the restaurant - where the food was also very good. The member of staff I had placed the booking with also took the trouble to come and meet me and wish me a pleasant stay.

All in all there is nothing I could fault - I am also told the fact that it is a mile or so out of the town centre is probably a good thing based on traffic issues in the town.

Room Tip: If you can get a free upgrade or a free upgrade would recommend the Executive Rooms
1  Thank sleep007
Ben M, General Manager at Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience. Room 144 is a personal favourite of mine!

I will circulate your kind words to the hotel team and we hope that you will consider bringing another group to stay with us again!

Reviewed 9 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a night with my husband and three young children. The staff were extremley helpful and very aproachable. They made our stay extremely relaxing and enjoyable, and I would most cetainly recommend this hotel to others. The hotel itself was immaculate ie hotel room, lesuire facilities. The grounds were also fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MammyG3

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again soon!