My wife and I stayed here during the weekend of 25th & 26th November to celebrate her 40th birthday. The facillities are excellent as too are the surroundings. The staff were efficient, helpful and courteous. We ate our evening meals at Alexanders bar in the grounds of the hotel and the food was superb, breakfast was served in the hotel restaurant and had a good choice from the buffet. For those of you who might want a workout the gym is well equipped and the swimming pool and steam room are very good.
Overall a very good location for a relaxing weekend or to explore the south lakes, Windermere is only a 20 minute drive and Kendal is 5 minutes in the car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independent, family-run four star hotel situated in 14 acres of gardens & woodland, 5 miles from the M6 & 8 miles from Windermere. Extensive conference & banqueting facilities, recently refurbished 2AA Rosette restaurant, Westmorland Pub in the grounds, health & fitness club and 99 bedrooms including four executive, seven balcony and three family rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kendal
- Hotel Castle Green Kendal
- Kendal Best Western
- Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, BW Premier Collection Lake District