Booked room directly with the hotel, after Best Western messed up a booking in October 2012. In my previous review I was critical of Best Western, not the hotel. After staying this weekend, to be honest, all I can say is that the Castle Green is fantastic. The staff, right across the board are brilliant, courteous and helpful. The location is nothing but stunning on a hill overlooking Kendal and onward to the lakes. The grounds are beautifully kept. I was pleasantly surprised at the bar prices on par with city centre pub prices. I have stayed in hotels of the same grade where prices have been 50% plus for drinks. The rooms are lovely, good space for a standard room, comfortable beds, tastefully decorated, and spotlessly clean. We ate in the Greenhouse Restaurant, which, all I can say is amazing. Firstly, there are three menus, the tasting menu, the normal restaurant menu and a set menu, which makes the choice astounding. Also, you can mix and match from all three. Our meal was beautiful, well cooked, visually stunning and tasted amazing. Breakfast was great. Plenty of choice, and as with dinner all locally sourced produce.
I can understand why Ben, replies to all negative comments on here, because i cannot find fault with the Castle Green. He obviously takes great pride in the hotel and rightly so. We were so impressed by the Castle Green we have decided to book for a celebration birthday next year. I can't wait to get back there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independent, family-run four star hotel situated in 14 acres of gardens & woodland, 5 miles from the M6 & 8 miles from Windermere. Extensive conference & banqueting facilities, recently refurbished 2AA Rosette restaurant, Westmorland Pub in the grounds, health & fitness club and 99 bedrooms including four executive, seven balcony and three family rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kendal
- Hotel Castle Green Kendal
- Kendal Best Western
- Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, BW Premier Collection Lake District