Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Kendal
Reviewed 19 April 2013

The staff are well trained and very welcoming and friendly, Robert, Leonna and the receptionists are an asset. The room was warm, clean comfortable and nicely decorated. Good comfortable bed and the breakfast was just fab. Ate in the restaurant in the evening, excellent service and good food. Worth a visit.

• Stayed: April 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,911)

Reviewed 18 April 2013

I stayed only one night for a conference, but was extremely impressed with every aspect of my stay. The staff were exceptional, and it seems like a genuine family atmosphere is fostered which doesn't feel at all artificial. I arrived early - way too early for check in, but my bags were taken, and as I sat down for a coffee, the reception staff came to tell me that my room was ready, with my bags in situ. The room was spotless and comfortable, and our evening meal was lovely. The conference facility was pleasant, and it was so nice to be able to see the well kept grounds and countryside beyond. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Castle Green Hotel offers a friendly professional service. The rooms are excellent, clean and well maintained and there are several suites with great views over the gardens and the castle ruins. The grounds are beautiful with a woodland walk and excellent bird and wildlife. The food in the restaurant is very good but if you want a more informal dining experience there is a pub in the hotel grounds too. The hotel is extremely popular for weddings having two very large function rooms both with garden views.On top of all this there is also a fitness suite , pool, steam room and beauty treatments available.
Conference facilities are also available.
What more could you want....... nothing

Room Tip: All rooms are good but for a beatiful view ask for a front facing one.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine H
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

I took my partner away for a romantic weekend and chose this hotel partly due to the positive reviews.
We were not disappointed. Friendly welcome at reception.
Room was not the biggest I've stayed in, but clearly recently refurbished, nicely decorated and absolutely spotless.
We were on the side of the hotel with a garden view and on the 2nd floor. Rm 263.
We got a great nights sleep both nights we stayed and were never disturbed. It was a bit of a walk from reception and up two flights of stairs, so maybe not best for the less nimble of visitors. We loved it and I guess, the trade off is a lovely sense of seclusion.
We used the pool in the evenings and were surprised to find it was deserted, so got a good swim in in our own private pool.

We ate both in Alexander's which is standard pub food as well as the hotel restaurant which was very nice. Prices aren't the cheapest, but pretty average for the area.

I would certainly stay again as we had a really restful stay and despite hotel being busy didn't feel crowded or impersonal.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 16 April 2013

One of the best breakfast I have had for a long time.. Rooms very clean and tidy. Only down side is the timing for using pool. Children have a set time to use it which meant we couldnt use it unless you dont go out for the day.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2013

stayed on a bed and breakfast basis. Lovely hotel in a nice location. Easy to walk into Kendal in about 10 or 15 minutes. Room was overlooking the gardens and was spotless!
We did not dine in the hotel but visited Alexanders The Pub in the grounds for a drink and the food looked lovely. Breakfast was very nice and staff very attentive.
We would stay here again lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden on the second flood. Quiet with nice view
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank maggie78-11
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I stayed here whilst visiting Kendal in April 2013. Checking in was a breeze and was met by very friendly and helpful staff. It's these first impressions which make the stay all the more enjoyable. I found my room and I was extremely pleased with the cleanliness off the room and especially the sparkling bathroom. The sheets were lovely and fresh (as expected!) and the bathroom looked as though it had just had a re-furb. Fab. The shower was lovely and warm and nice and powerful. My father-in-law was staying in another room and his was just as spotlessly clean.

We had dinner on both nights in the Alexanders Pub which is attached to the hotel. Again the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We had burgers one evening and I had a vegetarian lasagne the following evening. The food was good for grabbing a bite but not if you want something special. I have to say my only complaint which is fairly minor was that the Brie and cranberry starter and the vegetable/spinach lasagne I had was not really hot enough and only warm.

In the main hotel you have a bar which serves snacks which I didn't try but everywhere again looked inviting and tidy. There was also a restaurant in the hotel but we didn't use this either (well we did for breakfast).

Breakfast! Breakfast was very pleasant. After being shown to your table you are offered Tea or Coffee and toast then you can go up to the buffet and help your self to a cooked breakfast or go healthy and have granola or cereal etc...or both! There are a selection of juices and more than enough food to satisfy your hunger in the morning :-)

The rooms seemed quiet and the only noise I heard were a few people walking up and down the corridors. There had been two weddings on whilst I stayed there and I did not hear any noise from them. There are some rooms along the first corridor next to reception which may be ideal for older guests or with people with mobility issues but I would not have wanted to stay in one of these rooms as it would have been too close to reception and the restaurant/bar.

Overall I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

Very friendly and helpful staff and very clean.

Room Tip: I would imagine that the rooms right next to the bar/restaurant and reception would be noisy. I cann...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank spooky-boy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendal
1 mi away
#2 of 13 in Kendal
Beech Hill Hotel & Spa
Beech Hill Hotel & Spa
#17 of 20 in Windermere

Been to Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!