You will not be disappointed - we find this hotel has an attention to detail and delivers on all the important points. We do like to spend weekends away and this is the only hotel that we have revisited - twice - we have not revisited any other hotel - always looking for something different. The rooms are excellent - this time we stayed in 219 - front facing - I think that's important - and the sun was shining ! - what a pleasure.
Previously we stayed in a club room which was very spacious, 219 was not as spacious but very well sized for the standard room.
We had supper at Alexander's Pub - its good, very good - walk back to the comfortable bed and a lovely nights sleep.
Breakfast - all you could want - they were very busy with a wedding party etc - but all the staff worked together making it look easy - you can always tell when there is a strong management team, staff enjoy their work and things run smoothly.
It was our 3rd visit and hopefully not our last - we will always look forward to spending time at Castle Green !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independent, family-run four star hotel situated in 14 acres of gardens & woodland, 5 miles from the M6 & 8 miles from Windermere. Extensive conference & banqueting facilities, recently refurbished 2AA Rosette restaurant, Westmorland Pub in the grounds, health & fitness club and 99 bedrooms including four executive, seven balcony and three family rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kendal
- Hotel Castle Green Kendal
- Kendal Best Western
- Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, BW Premier Collection Lake District