Stayed here only for a night. I had been driving all day so a nice comfortable bed was what I was looking forward to, and what I got.
I accidentally drove into the rear entrance of the hotel and had to stop someone to ask where the reception was, I think that could have been sign posted a little better.
Experienced the swimming pool and sauna free of charge. There were no problems just walking down to the Pulse Gym and being allowed to use all of their facilities. A great addition to the hotel.
Dinner was lovely and worth the price. Breakfast was ok too, but I had to hint down the waitress and ask for me meal as I was left sitting alone for some time.
I've been to Kendal a few times now and this was by far the best hotel there. Do yourself a favour and pay the extra to stay at this hotel. You will not regret it compared to the rest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independent, family-run four star hotel situated in 14 acres of gardens & woodland, 5 miles from the M6 & 8 miles from Windermere. Extensive conference & banqueting facilities, recently refurbished 2AA Rosette restaurant, Westmorland Pub in the grounds, health & fitness club and 99 bedrooms including four executive, seven balcony and three family rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kendal
- Hotel Castle Green Kendal
- Kendal Best Western
- Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, BW Premier Collection Lake District