Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection
Travelodge
US$196
getaroom.com
1,956 results
All reviewsgreenhouse restaurantalexanders pubtasting menuexecutive roomthe main hotelhotel groundslovely groundspool and steam roomlake districtlovely hotelhotel barbreakfast staffevening mealrelaxing breakleisure facilitieshigh standardlovely view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2014

BEST WESTERN PLUS Castle Green Hotel , is how they answer the phone, every time, and as I was organising a function and had to phone quite a few times, I did groan when I heard "BEST WESTERN PLUS Castle Green Hotel" but hey thats what it is :-)
The event a dinner and AGM for my club went off superbly, the team really know what they are doing and my advise is utilise them, if you have a problem tell them as they will have a solution.
What made the event for me is the people, dispite the corporate phone answering the every single member of staff is warm and friendly and courteous and helpful. Adam the bar manager and christine the banquet manger were particularly good on the night, and the serving staff were just so sweet (I have children the age of most of the waiting staff so i get soppy)
My room was standard international fare, could have been in london,Birmingham or Kendal except for the lovely view, great bed and fantastic shower.
The food at the function was superb though as organiser I did not really get to enjoy it as I was running around, however the Breakfast, totally superb just a mega pig out, everything was good but in particular look out for the homemade jams just by the toaster, try them.
So really a highly professional front with a warm heart of Cumbrian staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Ben M, General Manager at Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

We are very lucky to have such a friendly team here at the hotel and I am delighted that your event was a success. Our aim is to make organising an event or function at Castle Green as simple as possible and our sales team (Amanda, Nicola, Janine and Karen) have many years of experience which they are always keen to share! If you are looking for a venue in the North West then please do contact us on 01539 734000

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Started off well with a really friendly and helpful receptionist. The room was not massive but really clean and well appointed. The bathroom looked like it had just been refitted and was immaculate. Room service arrived very quickly and was delicious, although the apple tarte tatin was slightly expensive for the portion size. Really comfy night's sleep and overall stay, would definitely recommend. Can see why it's in the top ten Best Westerns in the UK. Good work!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your Castle Green experience.

All 99 of our bathrooms have been refurbished in the last couple of years. They are now very modern with granite and shiny chrome fittings!

We are very proud of our position in the Best Western league table and you can contribute to this by leaving a review at bwfeedback.com

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed here for two nights while delivering a training course in the hotel for my employer. I was greeted pleasantly upon arrival, however it was apparent my room had been cancelled. We were unable to establish how this occurred however the situation was resolved with no trouble whatsoever. My room was clean, spacious, modern and tidy. Despite having a stinking cold, I had two really good nights sleep. I ordered room service on the first night for dinner as I felt too ill to go to the restaurant and joked about this with the girl who took my order - she offered to send up some honey in addition to the double whisky I ordered. The waiter who brought the tray had obviously been informed, as he said he hoped I felt better soon. These are the kind of touches that make a stay away from home (when working) so much better. The food was excellent although I felt the portions could be a little larger. I did not have breakfast so cannot comment on this.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Ben M, General Manager at Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. Sometimes with such a busy hotel it is very easy to get distracted with the day to day routine and forget the personal touches which can have such an impact. It is therefore extremely pleasing to see that we have created a memorable experience during your time at the hotel. I have already shared your comments with the team so they can see the positive impact of their actions.

We hope that you will decide to stay with us again in the future

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We have just returned from our fourth visit to the hotel. It never ceases to amaze us! The staff right from checking in are just brilliant. Leona the star of the breakfast service and her team are just fab! so happy, pleasant and nothing too much trouble. We have to mention Emma, Adam, Richard and Steph who looked after us so well-thank you. The unsung heroes are the people in the kitchen, the food in the Alexander's Restaurant is truly out of this world. The pool facilities are good and we like the adult time allowed to the pool.
As always the manager has a visible presence and this reflects in the staff around the hotel. We will be back!

Room Tip: We pay the extra and have an Executive room yes, it is expensive but well worth the treat. They are all beautiful and the housekeeping staff do a great job.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

What a fantastic review! It is always so nice to see familiar faces coming back again and again. The team here at Castle Green work extremely hard at delivering excellent service throughout the hotel and it is great for them to see their efforts recognised in this way.

We look forward to seeing you again later in the year.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

The more experienced staff that were present on our stay continued to maintain their very high standards and it was a delight to meet the newer staff who will undoubtedly continue to maintain the high standards of the Castle Green and the Best Western!! The restaurant, accommodation and bar facilities also continued to deliver as did the staff of Alexander's bistro. Well done all!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple