Just returned from 2 nights in this hotel and would definately recommend a stay here.
We had an excellent room at the front of the hotel, and the facilities within the room were good, right down to the cafetiere on the very well stocked tea tray, which was a great touch. The bathroom was big, having plenty hot water and large fluffy towels; toiletries by Gilchrist & Soames. The bed was very comfortable and we slept very well. The room was spotlessly clean.
There were two options for breakfast, either continental or choose continental and full english. The continenal was enough for us, but the full english looked fine.
We had dinner in the restaurant one night which was very nice, we ate from the Table d'hote menu having 2 courses for £22.50. (3 courses were £28.50). The restaurant was very busy and it was helpful that we booked. The waiting staff were all excellent, and Thank You to Rob as nothing was too much trouble for him!
We also had a meal in Alexanders which if I was to be truthful I enjoyed best as it was more pub grub. It was also very reasonably priced. The pub was also very busy.
We did try out the pool and steam room. the pool is quite small but it is nice that there are specific times that children are allowed in so you can avoid being "bombed" if necessary! the steam room is very relaxing with stars on the ceiling and relaxation music playing.
All in all we enjoyed our stay here. I was with my sister but would definately like to return at some point with my husband.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independent, family-run four star hotel situated in 14 acres of gardens & woodland, 5 miles from the M6 & 8 miles from Windermere. Extensive conference & banqueting facilities, recently refurbished 2AA Rosette restaurant, Westmorland Pub in the grounds, health & fitness club and 99 bedrooms including four executive, seven balcony and three family rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kendal
- Hotel Castle Green Kendal
- Kendal Best Western
- Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, BW Premier Collection Lake District