We have just stayed at this hotel for a week whilst exploring the Lake District. This has got to be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in (and there have been quite a few!). Our only minor irritation was that the room was a tad small, and therefore the wardrobe was cut down to a small size; this would be ok for one or two nights, but was difficult to house all of our clothes for a week. That having been said, the cleanliness, service, welcome, and staff were superb, nothing was too much trouble and a request for something was met with the response "No problem". The restaurant food was excellent, the breakfasts (particularly the scrambled eggs) were both varied and plentiful, incredibly they serve tomato juice without it becoming a "special order"! The staff clearly have a very efficient routine led by experienced managers. The Fitness Centre staff were also keen to help, and the swimming pool and steam room just right. Well done everyome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independent, family-run four star hotel situated in 14 acres of gardens & woodland, 5 miles from the M6 & 8 miles from Windermere. Extensive conference & banqueting facilities, recently refurbished 2AA Rosette restaurant, Westmorland Pub in the grounds, health & fitness club and 99 bedrooms including four executive, seven balcony and three family rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kendal
- Hotel Castle Green Kendal
- Kendal Best Western
- Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, BW Premier Collection Lake District