A very nice hotel in nice surroundings. Friendly staff, good rooms, pleasant setting in general. Breakfast buffett had plenty of choice for all. We had the traditional cooked "Full English" breakfast and it was excellent.
A good location for getting into Kendal town centre (10/15 minute walk) or £5ish in a Taxi. Also good location for travelling to other parts of the Lake District
The only thing stopping me giving the hotel 5 stars was that although the shower was a decent shower with a good amount of pressure, it gave short bursts of cold then really hot. This was only a minor inconvenience which the hotel staff said they would look into when we checked out.
The room we stayed in didn't have a good view as it was overlooking the back of the hotel car park, etc, but that didn't really bother us as we weren't in the room for long.
We would stay there again which I guess is as good a recommendation as you can get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independent, family-run four star hotel situated in 14 acres of gardens & woodland, 5 miles from the M6 & 8 miles from Windermere. Extensive conference & banqueting facilities, recently refurbished 2AA Rosette restaurant, Westmorland Pub in the grounds, health & fitness club and 99 bedrooms including four executive, seven balcony and three family rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kendal
- Hotel Castle Green Kendal
- Kendal Best Western
- Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, BW Premier Collection Lake District