The outside pictures are cheating. The hotel is not an old castle as it seems to be.
The people working there not friendly even if professional. The pub is in fact a restaurant and not a real english pub. But the food is ok.
Room comfortable but in the backyard with a real wall of trees in front of the window (light on needed all day long).
Do not feet to what we expected from a Best Western (i.e. more charming hotel).
Thus not worth 144£ a night...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independent, family-run four star hotel situated in 14 acres of gardens & woodland, 5 miles from the M6 & 8 miles from Windermere. Extensive conference & banqueting facilities, recently refurbished 2AA Rosette restaurant, Westmorland Pub in the grounds, health & fitness club and 99 bedrooms including four executive, seven balcony and three family rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kendal
- Hotel Castle Green Kendal
- Kendal Best Western
- Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, BW Premier Collection Lake District