Six months on from our last visit and notalot has changed at the Castle Green:
The restaurant is as excellent as ever.
The staff are still friendly and helpful
The breakfasts are still OK
Getting a decent room is still a lottery (insist on a refurbished one, 260/261 are OK)
Check your bill carefully(the people both in front and behind me at checkout both had the same problem:the staff had not taken the deposit into account)
Check the small print of your internet offer intensely, our unmissable deal was not quite as advertised and it took three quarters of an hour of public arguement before the duty manager did the decent thing (would you spend £50 on food alone on a bar snack? No, and neither would we, but that's what the Castle Green expected us to pay when we turned up, as agreed, late in the evening after the restaurant had closed)
So, staying at the Castle Green is like flying with Ryanair: fine if you keep it simple, but woe betide you if you deviate ever so slightly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independent, family-run four star hotel situated in 14 acres of gardens & woodland, 5 miles from the M6 & 8 miles from Windermere. Extensive conference & banqueting facilities, recently refurbished 2AA Rosette restaurant, Westmorland Pub in the grounds, health & fitness club and 99 bedrooms including four executive, seven balcony and three family rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kendal
- Hotel Castle Green Kendal
- Kendal Best Western
- Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, BW Premier Collection Lake District