My daughters are both travel agents and as such very hard to please when it comes to breaks away! My husband and I get a weekend away for our Xmas pressy and to date we have always have a great time. Our weekend stay at the Castle Green in Kendal stands out though. We were Lake District ' virgins ' when we set off. The hotel was set in stunning gardens and the room was lovely. My Spa treatments the afternoon of arrival was great and my husband's golf game at a discount ( because we were guests) at the local golf course went down well. I know they say it always rains in the lake district but we were lucky and the Sun shone. The hotel has an amazing restaurant which we sampled on our first night and the second night we dined in the pub which is in the grounds of the hotel. Both were excellent. Kendal is stunning and we enjoyed all the usual tourist jaunts. It was a fabulous break and one my husband and I would love to repeat. So at the risk of sounding like an advert get yourself off to Cooperative Travel in Malton or where ever you live because they know a great weekend break when they see one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independent, family-run four star hotel situated in 14 acres of gardens & woodland, 5 miles from the M6 & 8 miles from Windermere. Extensive conference & banqueting facilities, recently refurbished 2AA Rosette restaurant, Westmorland Pub in the grounds, health & fitness club and 99 bedrooms including four executive, seven balcony and three family rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kendal
- Hotel Castle Green Kendal
- Kendal Best Western
- Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, BW Premier Collection Lake District