“It is what it is”

Dining options: Reservations
Kendal, United Kingdom
“It is what it is”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We use the takeaway occasionally, reluctantly in my case as I prefer Indian food, and I always have the same meal which has varied over the years due to several changes in ownership. They have plied us with free prawn crackers, to no avail as I grew out of the Chinese food experience when I was a lot younger, but I confess the food has always been eddible. I cannot judge it against other Chinese Takeouts as I have not tried the others, hence my review title.

Visited July 2013

Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,221 helpful votes
“Terrible in every way!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

I have visited the River Fortune on many occasions over the past couple of years and have had some good meals there. However, an apparent change of management (and presumably chef) have left standards wanting. The food on this latest occasion was awful. Tough, chewy chicken was compounded by a tasteless, lukewarm sauce. Even the prawn crackers were like cardboard and the vanilla ice cream, served afterwards, was unpleasant in taste and texture. Such a shame, but I certainly could not recommend this restaurant to others.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Howi58
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Good value”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have visited this restaurant on many occasions, the food is tasty, well presented and service is very quick. Good value for money, staff are pleasant. The room is often quite cold and I have eaten in my coat on more than one occassion.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank LadyA55
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Lovely Chinese food, very tasty, very good.”
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely meal here with my hubby, food perfect atmosphere good, and reasonably priced. Definitely recommend.

• Visited June 2013
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

No airs or graces chinese restaurant and takeaway near river Kent.
Very pleasant staff and service with a smile.Thought most dishes were above average with plentiful portions well cooked.Small family business trying hard to please.Premises need some upgrading but if its good food your after give it a try.We eat here twice and were not disapointed.

Visited March 2013