“Excellent food and service.”
Review of River Fortune

River Fortune
Ranked #116 of 155 Restaurants in Kendal
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Food was of the highest standard, well cooked and was piping hot. Nothing was too much trouble and service was very good. Plenty to choose from and reasonably priced. Restaurant was clean and tidy. A pleasant experience.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

While the premises look a little tired, the welcome we received was warm and friendly. The front of house explained that our waiter for the evening was new and still being trained, however this was not reflected in the service which was faultless. We ordered a selection of dishes, from hors d'oeuvres to sweet & sour chicken balls, chicken in oyster sauce to crispy beef. All dishes were tasty and not over salty as can often be the case. We would gladly visit the restaurant again when next in the area.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Brilliant ! lovely food great value for money and friendly staff ! and the sweet and sour is just lovely

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Restaurant clean, service and food very good. We always eat here when we are in Kendal. Easy to park outside the restaurant. Also takeaway service is excellent. Would recommend both to others.

1  Thank JeanD1947
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We use the takeaway occasionally, reluctantly in my case as I prefer Indian food, and I always have the same meal which has varied over the years due to several changes in ownership. They have plied us with free prawn crackers, to no avail as I grew out of the Chinese food experience when I was a lot younger, but I confess the food has always been eddible. I cannot judge it against other Chinese Takeouts as I have not tried the others, hence my review title.