“Great experience - excellent instruction - our 3 children loved it!”

Lakeland Climbing Centre
Ranked #1 of 4 Fun & Games in Kendal
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: The award winning Lakeland Climbing Centre boasts the tallest indoor climbing wall in the country offering sessions to suit all ages and abilities from 5 years+. A superb all weather family venue with a variety of activities to suit everyone, from experienced climbers to complete novices. The Lakeland Climbing Centre incorporates Kendal Wall, Kendal CrazyClimb and Skyline Indoor Aerial Adventure, the UK's first indoor Via Ferrata. Other facilities include a training room, The Tool Box, Kendal Wall Shop and Creamery Cafe with free wi-fi. Changing and shower facilities and free on site parking.
Barcelona, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience - excellent instruction - our 3 children loved it!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We visited the climbing wall on Sunday morning - only intending to get a feel for it but our 3 children (7, 7, 9) ended up doing the Crazy Climb session and loved it. Great variety of climbs combined with a patient very helpful instructor made for a very good.mornings activities. Although not cheap we left feeling it had been excellent value for money. We will be back!

Visited August 2014
Andrea K, Front Office Manager at Lakeland Climbing Centre, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Great to read your review, thank you! Really pleased to hear that your 3 children enjoyed their experience with us. I appreciate your very honest and encouraging words about the costings and that you felt you had received value for money. We hope you can visit us again soon.

Ulverston, United Kingdom
“Thrill and Brill Kendal Climbing Centre”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My 12 year old son is afraid of the height but he really enjoyed the time in the centre. We are trying to fight this tear and build up his confidence. It worked from the very beginning. He tried Crazy Climb and I first thought he would ask to leave after 5 minutes but to my surprise he tried almost all the walls and he found 4 that he really liked.Keep your fingers crossed for him!

Visited August 2014
Andrea K, Front Office Manager at Lakeland Climbing Centre, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor, it has just made me smile! It is great to hear about children who we can help overcome fears. Kendal CrazyClimb is a great place to start with a fear of heights, with the elements being of varying heights and levels of ability. I really hope that it has helped your son and he continues on his climbing journey. We have lots of different sessions which will encourage him to progress so I hope we get the chance to meet him again soon.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Having not climbed before we decided to go on the Crazyclimb session, which was surprisingly hard, and loads of fun. The instructor, Simon, was fantastic and should definitely write motivational speeches for a living.

1 Thank Michael E
Andrea K, Front Office Manager at Lakeland Climbing Centre, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hello, thank you very much for your great review, it always boosts the Team's morale at Kendal Wall when they hear such excellent feedback. I am so glad you both enjoyed your experience with us. I will definitely make sure that Simon reads your kind comments. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you both to the Centre again in the future. Thanks again!
Cumbria
“Great fun”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and my son 5 had an enjoyable time at the crazy climb, fully recommend it, my son is wanted his birthday party there now.

1 Thank mtallon567
Andrea K, Front Office Manager at Lakeland Climbing Centre, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Hello There, thank you very much for your Tripadvisor review. I was delighted to hear that your son and husband enjoyed their Kendal CrazyClimb session. We have two birthday party options, either a roped birthday party session or Kendal CrazyClimb birthday session. Please take a look at our website for further details www.kendalwall.co.uk or give us a call 01539 721766, we are always here to help.
Epsom, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great way to spend a morning”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We visited the Crazy Climb session with 3 children aged 14, 10 & 9.
I had booked the session the previous day - would recommend booking to make sure you get on a a suitable session as this wasn't clear from the leaflet. The venue was easy to find and there was parking directly outside.
The session comprised 12 different climbing challenges including a bouldering wall and speed climb. It was fun and colourful.
Simon led the session and was brilliant in his handling of distracted boys to make sure they understood the safety instructions. He was on hand throughout the session and encouraged all the children to achieve their maximum.
It cost £15 per child which I think was a fair price and worth the money.
I didn't look at the other areas but there are plenty of other climbing walls etc to suit more experienced climbers.

Visited July 2014
Andrea K, Front Office Manager at Lakeland Climbing Centre, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback for us on Tripadvisor, it is so encouraging to hear that your boys had such a positive experience at the Centre. It is great to hear that you felt the session was good value for money and the you found our instructor, Simon encouraging. I hope that you are able to visit us again in the future and try out other sessions we have on offer.