“Good value and friendly staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Miles Thompson

The Miles Thompson
Ranked #54 of 146 Restaurants in Kendal
Price range: US$3 - US$19
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Kids, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Huddersfield
“Good value and friendly staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Called in here for a few drinks whilst walking the Dalesway in June. Good selection of real ales and received a warm and friendly reception. Didn't eat here but would definitely recommend calling in for a drink.

• Visited June 2014

“Very hit and miss!! ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I am a regular visitor of Weatherspoons in Kendal and I must say you never know what you're going to get! Sometimes it's absolutely brilliant, other times it's awful. On visiting yesterday I ordered a Gourmet Chicken Burger. The chips were only slightly warm- not hot and fresh. Only one/ three of us were given the relish type sauce in small pot that used to be standard of every burger. We've noticed to has become rare to receive this. I also found a shard of glass on my seat that I was sat on. Very lucky it hadn't gone into my skin! Upon pointing this out to the gentleman who took away our plates we got a simple 'oh'.

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“Good evening meal and Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Standard Spoons we have an evening meal on a Friday. It was busy and possibly under staffed but we had a good meal. Breakfast on the Saturday was also good and served quickly extra free coffee as well.

• Visited July 2014
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
“Good visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Myself and family had a good meal here yesterday (Sunday). We had never used this Wetherspoons before but will certainly visit again next time we are in Kendal. It was bright and very clean. The dining area away from the public bar up a few steps. I did notice a lift in if you could not manage the few steps. It was very clean as were the toilet area.
The food was hot and tasty,and staff very neat, polite and cheerful.

Visited July 2014
West Yorkshire
“A bit hit and miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I visit Kendal regularly and often have a couple of pints and meal here. From me it's a bit hit and miss. I think it has a much better atmosphere in winter with the log fire burning. I can understand the mixed reviews on here. There were times when the food has been rather good, and other times it has been really poor. One chap who seems to be a manager is rather arrogant and dismissive if things go wrong. Last time we ate there we ordered one of those "Freedom salads" that are being advertised. Having placed the order the chap comes over to our table to let us know there are none left and we must order something else. The "superfood salad" we had instead was really poor and was nothing like we have had in other JDWs. I often order Gammon as this is usually a good option. Perhaps it depends which chef is on that particular night. You have to be realistic: if you are after something a bit special then try places like Castle Diary or the New Moon. Basically, most of the time I have been to this place it has been middle of the road, average (sometimes poor) but most of the time it is value for money. Most of the staff are friendly enough (or have been with me).

• Visited June 2014