“Wonderful meal and excellent service.”
Review of Castle Dairy

Castle Dairy
Ranked #13 of 148 Restaurants in Kendal
Price range: US$11 - US$95
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Castle Dairy Restaurant and Art Gallery offers a unique dining experience in Kendal’s oldest inhabited building. Staffed by Kendal College apprentices and watched over by chef Chris O’Callaghan, the restaurant provides exceptional food, surrounded by local art work, in a truly unusual setting.
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Wonderful meal and excellent service.”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Had a recent visit to this restaurant and can not speak too highly of it. The food was extremely good and well cooked and the little extras were appreciated.
This historic place should not be missed with it's excellent staff with an excellent wine list as well.
I went as a guest of a friend who has been on several occasions and I will not attempt to better it as I know that will prove difficult. Well done to all and I will pass the message to family and friends to visit as I know they will be pleased.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank 70Raffles70

“Absolutely fantastic”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful place, amazing quality food and excellent service.... highly recommend. We gad a three course meal + all the small extras brought between courses... the waitress gave us a history lesson..

• Visited August 2014
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic evening”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I recently visited with some colleagues after an evening meeting. The service was brilliant and so was the food. Looking forward to going back!

1 Thank Ben M
London
“Enjoyable meal with a group”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We visited here as large group of 8. The food was great with nice added extras such as canapes and petit fours. The service was also good. The only issue I could see with is was that the restaurant is broken into different smaller sections so if you were there as a couple it would probably lack atmosphere. Definitely worth a visit!

• Visited August 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, quirky surroundings”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I recently visited as a group of 8 with my family and my fiancé's family. The restaurant setting is superb, quirky rooms and a lovely atmosphere. It was Saturday night and fairly busy so a good atmosphere was generated. My food was excellent, I had a superb piece of lamb. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their food. The service was a little haphazard if I'm honest. The staff tried to remember who had ordered what dish but invariably put the wrong dish down in front of someone. No big deal but I think you either remember and get it right or don't bother. I'd definitely eat here again.

1 Thank greid1982