“Perfect Location and great stay.”

Ash Meadows Guest House
Ranked #6 of 42 Kendal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Firstly I wanted to say that this is in a great location for anyone wanting to explore. The services I experienced where great too. I was welcomed with open arms and made to feel at home instantly. The room was clean and had all the facilities that I needed. When it was time for breakfast I was given a fantastic choose of foods and they made sure I was happy with everything. The staff really do care about their guests and try their hardest to accommodate every need.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Ash Meadows Guest House

Reviewed 6 September 2012

I stayed here for just one night with a friend and had a lovely, if brief, stay. We were very warmly welcomed and everything was excellent from the tea selection, proper coffee and fresh biscuits in our room to a fantastic breakfast. I know where I am going to book next time I visit the lakes!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We had a wonderful night at Ash Meadows. From the moment you step through the door, actually even before, everything is so beautifully presented with attention to detail and with your comfort and enjoyment in mind. Cant recommend highly enough. Thank you Peter and Phil

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Ash Meadows is going to stay in my memory as one of the best B&B I have ever been to. It is hard to describe experience but it is similar to the one when you come back home yet you have never been to this place before but it is strangely familiar.

It feels like you have been a part of Peter and Philipa for a long time from the very first minutes and their hospitality and atmosphere makes you forget about outside world for a little while. Experience been topped with excellently fresh, practical and light color design with everything you need.

Wish I overstayed and maybe been hired in Philipa and Peter garden and spent some more time in their house find out the secret for a home made cookies and absolutely delicious breakfast.

If I consider another stay in lake district Ash Meadows is at the top of the list.

Room Tip: All rooms are absolutely lovely! Don't forget to stay for breakfast and do please do try out co...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2012

This is one of the nicest B&B's that I've stayed in especially for the price. We only stayed for one night but I wish it had been more!

The decor is really light and fresh, this is the same in the rooms, everything looks really stylish and goes well together - we had what looked like an original fireplace in our room. The bathroom's a high standard too and the shower is amazing! We also had little home made biscuits and refreshments waiting for us in the room which was a nice touch. Everything was totally spotless. The owners are also really friendly and helpful.

The location is good in Kendal, you can walk to the town centre in about 10 minutes maximum and there's plenty to do when you're there. There's also a shopping centre about 5 minutes the other way with a supermarket etc if you're going out for the day and want to grab a few things. We parked at the front of the building, but you can also park on the car park next door (think it belongs to the school).

The breakfast was so nice as well, pretty sure the bread was homemade, and nothing was too much trouble. We were also asked when we would prefer breakfast too, which made a nice change.

I would really recommend staying here if you're in the area - or even if you're not, it's worth a little detour.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank x-Juice-x
Peteennis, Owner at Ash Meadows Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Thank you, it is nice to know that our efforts are appreciated.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

I recently stayed and found it excellent. Peter and Philippa were very accommodating, room was lovely, comfortable bed, excellent shower. Breakfast set me up for the rest of the day. It was the little touches that made the difference. An alarm clock, nice towels on the heated towel rail, freshly made biscuits and the warm welcome that made it such a pleasent stay. They are nicely situated in Kendal which is 15 minutes from Windermere and the rest of the Lakes and yet only 15 minutes from J35 M6. They have lived in the Lakes all their lives and are a font of knowledge for the whole area.

Room Tip: All rooms are en-suite but as I stayed in Room 3 I would thoroughly recommend it. Great size lovely...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nick H
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Overall the Bed & Breakfast is first class, and very well maintained. Located in easy reach of Kendal town centre by foot you also have the added benefit of a local superstore very close by. In terms of the rooms, they have on suite facilities and as I mentioned above are neat, tidy and cleaned to the highest standard. In summary my stay was fantastic, I slept very well, the morning breakfast was delightful and I was made very welcome by the owners. I would very much recommend Ash Meadows to anyone wanting to visit the area.

• Stayed: March 2012