“Truely fabulous B&B in the most beautiful spot”
Review of Crosthwaite House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kendal
Crosthwaite House
Ranked #23 of 44 Kendal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 May 2011

I have never written a review about a place I have stayed at before and part of me thinks I shouldn't about Crosthwaite House because I want to keep it as our little secret!!! But Sam and Tiree deserve all the praise I can give them as their B&B is truely fabulous and their hospitality was second to none. From the moment we arrived, my husband and I felt relaxed and comfortable, as did our little Jack Russell Branston, who made friends veryu quickly with the family's black lab. We had a lovely double room with direct access to the garden and every morning woke to the sound of the blackbirds. Breakfast was lovely and certainly set us up for the day - on their website, they talk about starting up Aga Suppers and judging from the quality of the breakfasts, these are going to be great. Thank you to Sam and Tiree for making are stay in the Lyth Valley so lovely - we can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a king size bed
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Crosthwaite_House, Manager at Crosthwaite House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2011

Thank you so much for posting your review. We really enjoyed you all being here (Branston included!) and were very pleased you tried so many of our breakfast specials :) We really hope to see you again and promise to do our best to organise equally excellent weather for your next visit!

Tiree and Sam xx

Reviewed 21 April 2011

We were both welcomed and charmed from the outset by this gem of a B&B set in a lush valley with plum orchards.It is a Georgian looking building that has been recently refurbished with visual flair and imagination by the pleasant young couple who run it.
The beautiful photographs that attracted us on the website are reproduced in the halls
and welcoming looking lounge area where we noticed that home made sloe cordial was left for guests to enjoy. Our room was spotless and comfortable, and our ten year old daughter catered for with a small bed at a reduced price. The shower worked well, and the loo was clean and quiet and there were enough decent towels and soap. The traditional Cumbrian breakfast-there were other options for vegetarians - was particularly good with locally sourced ingredients and I got a refill for my coffee and an offer of more toast. The marmalade tasted home made. My wife said that really it was the best B&B she'd ever stayed in, and I agree: every detail has been considered, and it adds up to complete comfort and relaxation for lucky guests.

Room Tip: Good inexpensive places to eat nearby
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Crosthwaite_House, Manager at Crosthwaite House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a thorough review. We're really pleased that you enjoyed your short stay with us - reading your review has re-energised me after a tiring bank-holiday morning of cleaning all the rooms, so a big thank you for that!

Hope you had a safe journey back home, and that we'll see you all again one day :)

Reviewed 14 April 2011

I cannot wait to go back to this beautiful B & B. Sam & Tiree (our hosts) were so welcoming, not only helping us to plan a hike but giving advice on the local area and cooking up the most amazing breakfast. Delicious granola followed by a traditional english breakfast or the special of the day (eg scrambled eggs). All rooms were beautiful and each individually decorated with great style. The spacious living room, breakfast room and 3 of the bedrooms look out over the most stunning view of the Cumbrian countryside and the other bedrooms are also light and airy - ours on the top floor even had a door leading down into the garden. Highly recommended - it's Sam & Tiree's first season running this place after taking over from their parents, so I imagine that it will book up fast once people know how great it is. Reserve your room now!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Crosthwaite_House, Manager at Crosthwaite House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2011

Hello Katie

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. It was really lovely to meet you both and I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend - certainly couldn't have asked for better weather for the wedding! We really enjoyed having you all to stay, it was great fun. Trust you had a safe journey home and hope to see you again

Tiree and Sam x

Reviewed 13 April 2011

I have never reviewed before but Sam and Tiree looked after me (and the whole group of us who had all the rooms booked out for a local wedding) exceptionally well. My room was immaculate and very pretty (I had Farleigh - the single at the front of the house which spectacular views). As I understand it all the individually designed rooms had lovely touches like home made biscuits waiting, digital radios and tvs and we had fresh poseys as well.

The breakfasts were superb (or rather the one I had, overdid the second night so didn't make it down in time) but the welcome they gave us was fantastic. We arranged a small picnic on Saturday lunchtime for a larger group of friends and they put out tables and chairs for us - we were touched at their devoted attention. (It was so pictueresque although that might have been helped by the weather which meant eating outside in April was almost too warm!)

I cannot recommend Crosthwaite House highly enough. And am now looking for an excuse to go back.

Thank you so much.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank RozIHP

Hello

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review - we are so excited as it is our first one! We're really glad you enjoyed your stay at Crosthwaite House...it was our absolute pleasure to have you all here, it was a great fun weekend and I'm so glad the weather was superb for you all.

Thanks again