All reviews four poster bed travelzoo offer steam room and jacuzzi groupon deal evening meal buffet style lovely hotel set menu lamb birthday treat booked this hotel spa facilities plenty of parking one night stay room was clean and comfortable lake district a lovely stay
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I was booked into this hotel rather than the usual Premier Inn in the centre of town, and this is worth going the extra mile for.

Walking in you find the desk always manned, there is a night porter too. Check in was easy. My room, was comfortable but on the 2nd floor which meant a pitched roof, and I did bang my head four times in two nights getting out of bed or when making a brew.

Saying that, that was the only quibble. I ate in the hotel both nights, the food was good quality and I think was good value, the beer was excellent (Thwaites) and it also had a good choice of malts that my expense account did not stretch to. The staff were friendly, and nothing was too much trouble for them; the wi-fi worked well with good bandwidth. The room TV had all the BBC channels as well as the main radio stations too. I was happy enough.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor have pitched ceilings so headroom is a problem.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jelltex
Reviewed 24 October 2012

my son, his wife and my 18 month old grandaughter had booked into this hotel for 4 nights to celebrate his 30th birthday. they chose this hotel because it had a pool. Me and my husband decided to join them on the sat night ,i had got a late deal and paid £100 for a double room. After we had checked in, has we went to the room i noticed the stair carpet was badly stained, so that was not a good start. The room was small, but looked clean, but the bathroom sink had a great big crack in it,there was black mould all around the sink, the coat hook on the bathroom door was hanging off and there was a horrble foisty smell in the room.
There was the nice touches with the tea tray and the lovely breakfast.
But it was not worth the £100 i paid for this room and i would have checked out if my son had not been staying as well. I would not have paid £120. I dont no where they think that their rooms are worth that amount
My son took my grandaughter into the pool but it was too cold for her, so there wasnt much to do with her in the hotel

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2012

A one night business trip. Room was good with a powerful shower and a four poster bed. The bar is small but cosy and the service and staff were excellent. Must mention the breakfast which although a buffet (normally I dont like these) was really good with nicely cooked quality ingredients. Situated far enough from the town centre to be quiet and yet close enough for a walk in.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2012

In an Amazing setting overlooking beautiful scenery.
Facilities and rooms were fantastic and the customer service was brilliant.
I highly recommend this lovely hotel to stay at.
The staff were very accommodating and helped show you points of interest on a pre prepared map.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Old world hotel in appearance with modern comforts. Basic and comfortable in a lovely part of the world. Good location to explore the southern half of the Lake district. Pleasant restaurant and bar in house. Most staff very friendly and helpful but there is always an exception. Lovely view from our room over the countryside. Clean and well serviced. Probably did not live up to expectations from exterior appearance and price and though not spectacular was pleasant and comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple